Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly notifications for bill - Tiscali

rautospoon
Whizz Kid
Message 10 of 10

Hi. I have received a number of letters from TalkTalk saying that my monthly "bill notifications" have not been reaching my email address and accordingly I will be switched to "paper billing" at £2.75 per month.

I phoned  customer services and was astounded to be told that this is because my domain (Tiscali) is no longer "supported" whatever that means.

I said that, if this is correct, do not send me anything and I will just view my bill "on line" every month.

This seems very poor customer service indeed and akin to just another "money making scheme".

Please could you confirm the situation and provide a definitive explanation for this puzzling situation. After all it is crazy that, in this modern technological age, the company providing my service is not able to even send me an email !

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9

Message 2 of 10

Cheers !

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi rautospoon

If you log into My Account , and go to personal details (top right)  then login details, you can change it in that menu. 

Regards

Message 4 of 10

Thanks, will give it a go. How do I do this on My Account ?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Its is usually just the change of email address that solves the problem, it can be any address.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Thanks but will what you suggest work as my only other email address is also Tiscali, so will not just the same thing happen ?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

What I have suggested usually works, if the bill notification fails 3 times its automatically changed to paper. 

0 Likes

rautospoon
Whizz Kid
Message 8 of 10

Hi and thanks for the reply.

Someone (not me) changed it to "paper" and I changed it back a couple of days ago to"email".

Will what you suggest work as my only other email address is also Tiscali ?

I say again that it is crazy that, in this modern technological age, the company providing my service is not able to even send me an email !

Can this anomaly not be fixed permanently ?

Thank you.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hi rautospoon

Thanks for your post. Sorry that you are having problems.

Ive seen this happen before where the email address (despite being one of ours) rejects the notifications, If you switch to a different address temporarily for the next bill on the 5th June it will be successful then you can switch it back, and continue on as normal. 

Its not ideal I appreciate that, You are still showing as email billing for now. 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused 

0 Likes