Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mother moved Care Homes, unable to cancel existing telephone line - vulnerable customer - help need

BunnsterYork
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

Hi there,

My mother is a Talk Talk customer.  She is paying for a landline and broadband service in to her room in what was her care home.

Two weeks ago, at late notice, she had to move care homes.  She has not cancelled or moved the telephone line.  This is still active in a room at a care home, where we no longer know who is in that room.  The care home tried to get her to cancel the contract, but I have checked and the line is still active (ring tone).

My sister and I have no control over her financial affairs, but we really do not know how to get this resolved, for a) security anyone can use the landline in that room, and b) she is paying for a service she does not use.

Are you able to outbound call her at the new care home, or do something please?

Thank you.

Andrew

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi @BunnsterYork,

Have sent you a private message.

Thanks,

Jo

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi, my mum says she did cancel the account on 9th July, yet the line still 'rings'.  Can you check based on the profile information given?

Thank you.

Andrew

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi Andrew, does your mum have no way to get in touch with us? If not this is going to be tough to do and if you don't have Power Of Attorney it's going to be very tough. 

If your mum were able to register on the community and pass the security requirements I could bar the phone calls for her. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 8

Thanks, @BunnsterYork.

If this is not picked up today, there's a chance that you won't get a reply until after the weekend, @BunnsterYork.

I'll try to alert staff that this requires help sooner rather than later. 

Normally a home move would require a clear fortnight's notice.  Hopefully staff can put call barring on there for outgoing calls meanwhile. 

If you have enough ID information, try phoning 03451 720046 (after 9am; till 7pm Friday; till 6pm Saturday; not open Sunday).

That's the only way to cancel an account. 

Chat / phone may be able to put a bar on outgoing calls:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Again, ID will need to be passed. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Done, thank you

0 Likes

BunnsterYork
First Timer
Message 6 of 8

Thank you.  I have updated my profile with the information as requested.

Please note we do NOT have POA.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

You'll need to complete your community forum profile details, @BunnsterYork, as staff can't see anything about you or your mother without further information. 

Don't post any personal information details on the open forum pages. 

Please go via your avatar/name; settings; from the drop down menu that starts with "email", choose Personal Information. 

Add your own details in there. At the end of this section add her details in Private Notes, making it quite clear that you are acting on her behalf. Save changes. 

You may need to complete forms to have authority to act:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Power-of-Attorney-Authority-to-Act/ta-p/2205181

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.