Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving home but keeping landline at destination address

ThePizzaMan
Message 6 of 6

Hi folks,

So, my Dad is with BT right now and his service is up for cancellation at the end of October. I'm moving in with him and I was looking at just transferring my TalkTalk Faster Fibre  and Anytime Calls plan to his address. I want him to be able to keep his existing landline number.

How do I do this, exactly? I spoke to a TalkTalk rep on the phone but they said it was 50/50 even if they put in a request not to hook up a new landline.

His current landline number must be kept, this is essential to both his work and personal life.

Can anybody advise me how to proceed here?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

ferguson
Community Star
Message 1 of 6

You're welcome. You can find details of early termination fees here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Cancel-your-TalkTalk-service/ta-p/2204737

Message 2 of 6

Perfect. Thanks for the swift reply!

ferguson
Community Star
Message 3 of 6

That sounds about right as long as you are both content with the arrangement.  🙂

ThePizzaMan
Message 4 of 6

Right Ok. I'm playing at being his executor on such matters at the moment. So, the thing I should be doing by the sounds of it then is letting his current service come to an end and get another service up and running in his name but request that they keep his current landline. In the meantime, I'll probably have to find a settlement fee on my TalkTalk account.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

You can do this is by installing a separate line. Otherwise, he will need to order a service from TalkTalk and ask them to keep his BT number. The account will of course be in his name then. You cannot home move to take over another service.