Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My new contract

Linda Hoye
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Thank you for your e-mail following on from my telephone conversation with you to update my account.  In the e-mail you have shown a set up fee of £60.00.  I did not agree to pay a set up fee and this was not mentioned on the telephone call nor in the leaflet I got from you about new deals.

I cannot pay this amount.  I was not informed about it and unless you cancel this charge immediately I will cancel my contract with you and move to another provider.  I have been a Talktalk customer for many years and until recently was paying as much as £60.00 a month for my telephone service.  It seems that longstanding loyal customers are penalised for staying with you.

Please confirm as soon as possible that you have cancelled this feel  It is totally unfair to add a charge like this when you have not informed me about it and nowhere on your information sheet does it say anything about a charge of this amount.  I am not prepared to pay it.  I was informed that my charge would be £31.00 a month from now on.  Please remove this charge I will not pay it and I will cancel my direct debit.

Linda Hoye
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi @Linda Hoye

Thanks for your post. 

When your bill is produced, you will see the £60 charge, however you will also see a £60 credit to clear it. 

Sorry for any confusion caused. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

These confirmations are often generic. Have you got back to customer services to query this? Don't cancel your Direct Debit whatever you do.

If you would like the support team to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.