Did you mean: 
Need help?

Myaccount hanging at preparing dashboard

ANSWERED
13 REPLIES
Highlighted
ukoldgit
Wise Owl

When using Microsoft Edge, 9 times out of 10 whan logging in to Myaccount it gets stuck on a full bar of preparing your dashboard.

IE seems ok sometimes it cant find a page.

Any help please.

TalkTalk Team
Solution

Do you have an adblocker installed on the edge browser?  You may have to add our website to the allowed list

ukoldgit
Wise Owl

Spot on, don't know why I didn't think of that. I'm getting past my Best Before date I think lol

It actually blocked the big advert which has the continue to your account button on it.

Thanks again Arne

TalkTalk Team

Great news,  glad to help. 

clothduck
Popular Poster

I came here to report that it happens to me on Chrome too. It has done that ever since the redesign and I have to keep on refreshing if it takes too long. I've got an adblocker installed so I'll try disabling it for this site. 

loki621
Participant

I used to have this problem using Firefox. I have just checked what happens when logging in to my account and find that the coloured bar announcing that the dashboard is being prepared fills and when full there was a short pause and then I was into My Account. I have Adblock Plus, Ghostery and uBlock Origin in addition to No Script and Kaspersky so it looks as though something has changed for the better.

mxwalker
First Timer

Hi - I also have the same problem. As suggested, I've disabled Adblock Plus for this website, disabled the adblocker in both Chrome and Edge and also disabled Kaspersky but still cannot get past the 'Preparing the Dashboard' page on either browser.

Any help please. 

Gondola
Wise Owl

Hi  @mxwalker

16 Jan 2017 - There do seem to be website issues. My Account wasn't available earlier and there's a message saying My Account Mobile isn't available and the Sales section is out pending maintenance work.

Probably best to wait a bit.

Gondola - No Wise Owl, just a TalkTalk customer with PlusTV.
loki621
Participant

I have Kaspersky, Adblocker and a few others but have found that going back a page works by reloading everything and running straight through to My Account

Gondola
Wise Owl

Hi @loki621

17 Jan 2017 - My Account seems to be working as expected. There's a message saying My Account Mobile is available but if you get an error message then just refresh and it'll work ok. It seems a bit slower than normal. So I don't think all the website issues are fixed just yet.

Gondola - No Wise Owl, just a TalkTalk customer with PlusTV.
mxwalker
First Timer

Hi - Thanks for your response. As you said, there seems to have been an issue with the website and I can now logon to 'My Account'.

Thanks for your help.

mxwalker
First Timer

Hi - Thanks for the response. There seems to have been an issue with the website which now appears to have been resolved and I can now logon to 'My Account'.

Thanks again.

loki621
Participant

Thanks for that. I have just logged in to My Account and it runs right through without any problem, albeit with a small pause.

loki621
Participant

Thanks for that. I have just logged in to My Account and it now runs right through without any problem, albeit with a small pause at the dashboard part.