Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO PHONE OR INTERNET AFTER FREE SPEED UPGRADE - POOR/SLOW CUSTOMER SERVICE

Tedwood
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 3

Received a FREE speed upgrade on 07/07/21.

TT said it would take 15 mins OpenReach took almost 12 hours!

After which I had NO PHONE OR INTERNET.

Contacted TT and TT Engineer arranged for 09/07/21 within a very short time was told that it is an OpenReach problem and it would be escalated to them

15/07/21 phoned TT to find out what the situation was THEY WERE NOT DOING ANYTHING!

So arranged for OpenReach Engineer on 19/07/21

19/07/21 OpenReach Engineer fixed problem within an hour fault was in the old BT Green Cabinet

I don't normally use my mobile for internet access (screen too small for me) but I had no alternative

SO IT APPEARS I'VE NOW EXCEEDED MY MOBILE DATA ALLOWANCE!

WHY WASN'T OPENREACH ASKED TO FIX THE PROBLEM WHEN EVEN TO ME IT WAS THERE PROBLEM

I'VE HAD OVER 10 DAYS INCONVENIENCE OVER THIS AND IT SEEMS EXTRA COSTS! WHEREAS IT TOOK OPENREACH LESS THAN 1 HOUR IF THEY HAD BEEN CONTACTED ORIGINALLY

VERY ANNOYED AT YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THIS MATTER AND AS MY CONTRACT WITH TT IS DUE FOR RENEWAL SOON LETS SEE HOW THAT GOES

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi @Tedwood

Sorry that you had problems. 

You will be entitled to Auto Compensation which will be issued 30 days after the fault is closed, I will escalate this for you.

You will receive an SMS/Email when the investigation is complete.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

@Tedwood, you received a reply on 12th July from staff on this older thread but didn't follow up through the forum:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Billing/NO-PHONE-INTERNET-AFTER-SPEED-UUPGRADE/m-p/2787653

I'll re-escalate that thread for you. Please look out for further replies on there.

Marking this one as a duplicate thread. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes