Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer Offers

sheilam55
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 9

I've been a loyal TalkTalk customer for many years and have recommended the company to others as I've never had a problem with them.  However, today I received a leaflet through my letterbox with offers for new customers and it has left me furious with TalkTalk.  I pay £29.95 per month for Fibre 35, and now I see that new customers are offered the same for £22.  Not only that they are offered Fibre 65 for £25 and Fibre 150 for £29.95, both with unlimited calls to UK mobiles and landlines included (would normally cost £14 per month extra).  

As a very long-term loyal customer, why am I not offered these prices?  I feel that my loyalty has been taken advantage of.  If I am not offered these faster services at the same price as new customers, I won't be remaining with TalkTalk when my current contract ends.  This is no way to award loyalty!

Sheila
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Thanks for your reply.  They've got a bit of a cheek to charge for changing mid contract when you're staying with them.  I can understand them charging the fee if you leave to set up with a different provider.  I'll get in touch with TalkTalk and see what they say, but if I'm not satisfied with what they offer, I'll make it clear that I won't be renewing at the end of this contract.  

Sheila
0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

I do only have Fibre 35 for £29.95 per month, so I will be contacting TalkTalk to ask for a better deal.  Thank you for the information.  Much appreciated.

Sheila
0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi

I got the same leaflet if you want the Fibre 150 deal even existing customers can have it as long as they have been on a TalkTalk plan for at least 30 days (says so in the small print at the bottom). I phoned the number on the leaflet and was told I could have it but there would be a £30 charge for changing your plan Mid contract. That makes it £31.20 a month.

Mark

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 4 of 9

@sheilam55  I hope you have more than just basic Fibre 35 for that price !

During the price rise fiasco in March/April I got them down from a proposed £23.95 (after the £2 rise) to £20 for Fibre 35, just the broadband as I don't need the calls or security boosts

As I was in the middle of an 18 month contract I also got them to waive the £30 admin fee.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi Martswain,  I'm definitely not out of contract.  I renewed a couple of months ago and my contract doesn't run out until 2022.  Thanks for your reply though.

Sheila
0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 6 of 9

£29.95 is normally the full "out of contract" price for Fibre 35.

@sheilam55  suggest you check your online account for your contract end date .

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

Hello again Ferguson,  Thanks for your reply.  I do look at other providers before I renew, but decided to stay with TalkTalk because I've never had a problem with them.  I used to get phone calls in the past offering me special deals that were offered to new customers.  For Example, they rang me a few years ago to offer me TalkTalk TV with my contract at the time for no extra charge, simply because that was the new customer offer.  That never happens now.  This is the first time I've seen such a big difference between what I was offered and what new customers are being offered, and it made me feel taken for granted after all these years with TalkTalk.  I renewed after an email with my new contract offer.  I will be in touch with them to ask for the new offers and, if they refuse, I won't be so loyal in future.

Sheila
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Hi again @sheilam55 I saw you post elsewhere.  🙂

The thing is that TalkTalk do make new customer offers available to existing customers, but not necessarily in a straightforward way. I wonder if you renewed via an email offer, or through My Account? That is not always the best way to do things, in fact you will almost certainly be better off contacting the customer loyalty team directly. Bear in mind though that offers do fluctuate. When it comes to renewal time it is best to check and compare any offers that may be made to you directly with those currently available on the market generally. 

0 Likes