Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New TalkTalk website!

an1sa_k
Super Duper Contributor
Message 21 of 21

Just noticed a few updates to the Main TalkTalk website at new.talktalk.co.uk

I just want to say that I'm loving the overhaul! 🙂 What other parts of the website will these changes be coming to? 

For the general public, what are your thoughts on these changes?

P.S. Didn't know where else to post this discussion, so the Fibre Broadband Page it was.

Anisa Khalifa
20 REPLIES 20

I8this
Philosopher
Message 1 of 21

Some changes in the last hour or so, My Avatar has now moved to the far right hand side of the top bar instead of being about 30mm in from the left hand side. The links in the black bar appear to now work, NEED SOME HELP? still does not scroll down all the way, COMMUNITY seems to link to all subjects, although I have not had an indepth look at INTERNET MATTERS it does open. Would appear to be yet another `upgrade` that TT has not thoughly tested before release and once again the community members are used as the beta testers.

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile. The Forum Guidelines apply to ALL members there are/should be, NO exceptions. If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all. Now a wizard.

TheHornedOne
Insightful One
Message 2 of 21

But on the Galaxy, it all works just fine @davey@I8this  ............... including the .PNG graphic import!

Samgsum 20210624-164728_Chrome.png

~R.

0 Likes

I8this
Philosopher
Message 3 of 21

@StephenF 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/

Need to scroll down slightly beyond the white bar to log in.

The Links in the black bar:- NEED SOME HELP? COMMUNITY INTERNET MATTERS do not work.

Then click on one of those links in the white bar.

Replies in Check and Report now in code IE:-

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Check-and-Report/01684877982/td-p/2782212

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile. The Forum Guidelines apply to ALL members there are/should be, NO exceptions. If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all. Now a wizard.
0 Likes

davey
Philosopher
Message 4 of 21

@StephenF  the main page "NEED SOME HELP?" will not allow you to scroll down to view the bottom icons….

Screenshot 2021-06-24 161010.jpg

Birchcroft
Philosopher
Message 5 of 21

@StephenF attached is a screenshot when using Chrome on Android.  Note you cannot see the menu bar properly.  Correction the "Browse to attach file option does not support .png files so can't attach the screenshot, but it did allow me to insert it below.

Screenshot_20210624-153030.png

I've also noticed that you have tagged me as Birch2 rather than Birchcroft, very strange indeed.

I8this
Philosopher
Message 6 of 21

@StephenF  it looks like an amateur,s attempt to create his/her first web site from the 1990,s. On my laptop running Win 8.1, tried with FireFox, Google Chrome and PaleMoon. It will not let me upload the png screenshots

0 Likes

davey
Philosopher
Message 7 of 21

@StephenF is there a specific reason for this reply caption? it's ugly and takes up a chunk of bottom screen space....

Screenshot 2021-06-24 141313.jpg

we already have a reply to topic box.

Screenshot 2021-06-24 144708b.jpg

Plus the expand image function appears to be broken?

StephenF
Community Manager
Message 8 of 21

Hey,

@an1sa_k All being well the test are working to bring the new TalkTalk branding to all our sites but i dont have timescales right now. 

@I8this  If you can share any screen shots of what looks wrong and the browser/device you're using in the feedback board and we'll look at it. 

@Birch2 we'll be adding a separator above signatures but in the mean time just add a <hr/> to the top of your signature if you want something now. 

Stephen, Community Manager

Bazzatay
Whizz Kid
Message 9 of 21

It's not very good at all

Birchcroft
Philosopher
Message 10 of 21

@I8this it also fails to delineate your signature so it now looks as if it is part of your post.

Hopefully they will put some effort into sorting this site out before they proceed to mess up their other sites.

TheHornedOne
Insightful One
Message 11 of 21

@an1sa_k  WROTE: 'Now that the TalkTalk Community has been revamped, are there any other parts of the TalkTalk Website that might get the redesigned look?'

I do hope not an1sa_k!

~R.

I8this
Philosopher
Message 12 of 21

I thought it was a browser issue at first but it is the same terrible look in FF, GC and PaleMoon

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Message 13 of 21

Very awkward.

First big issue I've found is that it seems (unless I'm not seeing how to do it) that you can only "reply to topic". You can't reply to a specific post in the topic, so the "quote" tool only allows you to quote from the first post, no others.

TheHornedOne
Insightful One
Message 14 of 21

....... or Firefox - MOS & macOS - @Birchcroft.  Many of the links simply do not work, and  getting around is misery!

~R.

PS ~ ...... AND, th e Spell Che ker has gon abset, agin! 

Birchcroft
Philosopher
Message 15 of 21

Also does not display/work to well in Chrome on Android ☹️

0 Likes

I8this
Philosopher
Message 16 of 21

This members forum and it is terrible. Looks as if it has been cobbled together by a first time web site designer.

an1sa_k
Super Duper Contributor
Message 17 of 21

Now that the TalkTalk Community has been revamped, are there any other parts of the TalkTalk Website that might get the redesigned look?

Anisa Khalifa

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 18 of 21

an1sa_k
Super Duper Contributor
Message 19 of 21

Thanks @Gondola 

Weirdly, I was redirected to it when trying to visit talktalk.co.uk/shop so I assumed it was actively live. It's also how I discovered it.

Anisa Khalifa
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 20 of 21

Hi @an1sa_k 

You've discovered the new look for TalkTalk Consumer and that look will be coming to Community soon.

Heads up that the 'new look' isn't live and not necessarily up to date.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution