Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New comtract without my knowledge

Inman22
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

My contract ran out in February. I got an email in January saying my contract was due for renewal. I put it on my to-do list at some point.

Next emails were bills on the 18th Feb, March, April, May. Nothing else. All increased bills I assumed due to being on a monthly rolling bill.

Finally got round to sorting new internet and signed up for Now broadband. Then recieved an email from talktalk stating a contract cancellation fee. Turns out you have signed me up for another 18 months without my permission or even sent an email to say this had taken place and the increased cost was because you had put £14 a month phone on there ontop of fibre.

Googling seems to say it's quite a common practice.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi @Inman22

Thanks for your post. 

If you would like us to look into this, please can you update your community profile to include your home telephone number, we will then be able to have a look at your  account.

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Let us know how you get on. As @martswain said, if you want the team here to look into this for you update your community profile with your personal details including TalkTalk landline number as was (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

And I'm guessing Talktalk accidently forget to send the confirmation email like it says you would do, so the 20 day cooling off period lapses before you realise?

I'm going to attempt a phone call today.

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 4 of 5

Not common at all @Inman22 , a lot of people accidentally click on email links.

If you want it investigated complete your profile including your landline number.

0 Likes