Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract - Bill

AmeliaK
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

On 17th November I made a call to your customer service and wanted to opt out of the broadband since my contract has ended. The agent convinced me to sign up for a new contract even though I hesitated, as my finances are very low at the moment. The contract was supposed to start immediately I believe, I was supposed to receive the documentation via email. The deal was supposed to include the initial 3 months offer, bringing the costs down further.

Until today I did not receive anything, my package has not been updated, I keep on paying the outrageous £40.95 a month for my internet instead of £20.  I'm really mad, it might be pennies for some people, but it's a lot of money for me, especially around Christmas. 

If it doesn't get sorted as soon as possible I'm taking my business elsewhere. I'm really disappointed and angry.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi AmeliaK

Sorry that you are unhappy. 

I have checked your account the contract was not renewed in November (unfortunately i don't have access to call recordings to verify what happened) so you have been charged the fuil price without any discounts applied as they had expired also, I can see that you have now renewed successfully, so you will get a credit applied on your next bill for the over charge. 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 7

Not necessarily clear, @AllyM.

Anyway, @AmeliaK is following up on Chat. Do let us know how you get on, @AmeliaK.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 3 of 7

@Gliwmaeden2 wrote:

@AmeliaK, all Talktalk packages include broadband, so it's not possible for an agent to sell you one that doesn't. 

@Gliwmaeden2 ,

When the OP said "opt out of the broadband", I took that to mean they planned to cancel their home broadband contract, but were persuaded to renew.

AmeliaK
First Timer
Message 4 of 7

@Gliwmaeden2 yes, I know... I was going to resign from the broadband, but settled for signing up for FastFiber65 with an initial 3 months discount. I'm on the chat now, so will see what they say. It's the second bill I received now, I thought maybe I got it wrong and the new contract starts from the next month, so I waited until I got this bill.

@martswain no, I did not record the phone call... As above, I thought I misunderstood and the contract starts from the following month. I agreed to all the terms and conditions and was supposed to receive the agreement in the email, but I never did.

I was looking for the chat but wasn't able to see it. Turns out it was the browser I was using, thanks for the link, I'm chatting to them now.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 5 of 7

@AmeliaK, all Talktalk packages include broadband, so it's not possible for an agent to sell you one that doesn't. 

A new contract would have shown a new end of contract date if you had signed in to check it. Is this the first bill that you have received since you had the conversation?

Let us know how you get on with Chat / phone support. If you still need help, @Arne-TalkTalk will be back on here from Wednesday, but there is a backlog after the holiday, and staff work from oldest to newest posts. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 6 of 7

@AmeliaK  why have you waited 6 weeks and not chased this up beforehand ?

You are correct, new contracts start immediately they are agreed.

Did you record the call or save the chat transcript ?

Suggest you call 0345 172 0046 or use Live Chat to resolve your problem, staff here cannot process contract renewals.

Opening hours are in this link

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-live-chat-team/ta-p/2230529#U2230529

0 Likes