Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New order

Caitlynmills
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

please someone help me out I placed an order today around 3pm for broadband £24 a month. I went through all the details and did the credit check and was asked to pay £25 upfront due to the credit check results, I placed my order online and the £25 was taken from my bank account. After I had done this a note came up on my screen saying that my order cannot be processed online and I need to speak to someone on online chat. I never recieved an email confirmation or nothing to confirm my order or order number. when I spoke to multiple people on the online chat they went through my order and told me I still have to pay the £25, even though It has already been taken. When I spoke to another person they told me that could not find my account and that I have to wait 24 hours but I should of received an email by now? What should I do as it’s not come up they have received my payment but it’s been taken.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi @Caitlynmills

Thanks for your post, sorry that you are having problems.

did you ask us to take over an existing line? If yes, please can you update your community profile to include the telephone number, we will then be able to have a look into this.

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 5

I'll move this to the Billing section of the forum, @Caitlynmills.

Please look for a reply from TT staff on there, but don't post further before getting a response from them. 

Each post delays the progress of the thread in their workflow. It may take a day or two to get a reply. 

It will help if you could complete your community forum profile details as best you can meanwhile: name and address.

Go via your avatar/name; settings; from the drop down menu that starts with "email" choose personal information. Put as much as possible in there.

In Private Notes, at the end of that section, put the name of your bank. It just might help. Save changes. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Caitlynmills
First Timer
Message 3 of 5

I’ve been on the phone to them and they say the exact same thing they ask for my details and tell me that they are unable to find an account or any details with my name or address that I have used... still no email but payment still been took. What else can I do at this point I just want my money back what’s been taken...

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

It may take 24 hours for systems to update, @Caitlynmills, so perhaps that is the best advice to follow.

What leaves an account doesn't always show up immediately with the recipient. 

If you ring your bank, they should be able to see what's going on.

That might be the first step.

With any online transactions I would take screenshots every step of the way. 

You may find it easier to follow up on the phone rather than Chat.

The phone helplines are more geared up for orders /cancellations and renewals at the moment. 

It can mean waiting for someone to answer for rather a long while, however. Make sure you note the time of the call and the name of the agent. 

Lines are open on weekdays 9am-7pm:

03451 720088

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes