Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No idea what I've signed up for.....

op2097
Team Player
Message 8 of 8

I've renewed my contract with talk talk a few days ago. I think. I'm not sure. 

A. I was out of contract. That's a certain.

B. Offered an online renewal of 29.99 for fibre 65. Unlimited calls and an amazon product. 

C. Signed up with the renew button. Says that the calls are £14 a month extra. Told me that after I signed up. Nothing I can see in the advert. 

D. No confirmation email etc. 

E. Now when I log in I've apparently got fibre 65, phone and TV. I haven't signed up for TV???

Id rather not pay £14 for phone. I only renewed as it was cheaper than elsewhere. If it is £40+ then that's not what I signed up for. I certainly don't want TV. 

No idea what I've got as had no email or confirmation through 

Please help. Thanks. 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi @op2097

The calls boost has been removed as requested. TV was not part of the package. 

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 8

There's not been cover from staff on this board all week, @op2097.

I've alerted forum management. 

Staff reply during the day Monday to Friday. 

I'll re-escalate your thread to make sure that it is in the queue for attention. 

However, there is a backlog. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi, I've done the link thingy but no reply. Can you confirm I've done it right? Thanks 

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 8

Hi @op2097

I can help I first need to confirm some security questions. 

I have sent you a PM on the community. 

Regards

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 5 of 8

Call rates increase to 24p per minute from 1st December, so factor that in too !

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 6 of 8

The only way to remove TV is to phone up 03451 720046 and tell them that you renewed online and want this removed.

Despite all our protests, Talktalk persists with bundling everything into the online procedure and wasting customers' time. You could have set it up correctly with one phone call in the first place, which you will now need to make anyway.

Be careful getting the phone call boost removed. It has a minimum commitment of one month, so a breakage fee if removed early. 

You could try to get your money's worth by using the landline more than usual this month! One minute of ordinary calls without it costs 21p, so it doesn't take much time to clock up the equivalent: c 70 minutes in an entire month would come to more than the full-price boost.

But if you thought it appeared to have been included free in the bundle, then discuss this with staff too.

You can remove it yourself from My Account, after the minimum month has expired.

I'll move this to the billing section for forum staff to pick up during the week, in case you need further help, @op2097.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Hi @op2097 Your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear soon but please remember that the staff here work office hours.

Keep copies of any emails etc with the offer. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes