Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No order confirmation email

m_d_p
First Timer
Message 12 of 12

Just placed an order for Fibre 900 (via. comparethemarket), and the order page confirmed my payment details and the date/time the engineer is coming to install the router. 

However, the only email I've received so far after hours is one relating to the 100quid voucher I get for signing up.

I already searched and read several other posts here and it seems either similar or orders are getting cancelled with no notification or not being completed at all.

I do not have an order number or talktalk phone number. Wish I'd have taken a screenshot.

Can someone check my order? I updated my profile with email/phone as most posts seem to request.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12
0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Thanks but i haven't seen any cancelation comms. Presumably I have to call talktalk again to double check its all cancelled.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi m_d_p

I have requested that all open orders are cancelled on the account.

Sorry for any confusion. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 12

If the order has now been processed, it can probably now be properly cancelled, @m_d_p.

It's when the system says "pending" that they are powerless to do anything. Rather a dreadful "computer says no" situation. 

You should now find that they can process the cancellation. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

m_d_p
First Timer
Message 5 of 12

update on 23rd may. I knew deep down that because I couldn't be provided a cancelation confirmation in writing, that something would go wrong. and of course, it has. I just got two emails from talktalk confirming my account has been created, my direct debit is setup, and the router has been shipped to me. And i already switched to BT which happened within 2 days including the router delivery, and I GOT AN ORDER EMAIL.

so... yet again, another agent lied to me. 3 agents so far. And now I have to spend another 30+mins on the phone trying to sort this out. great. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 12

Nobody is deleting your posts as far as I can see. You have posted on other threads also, so you may be confused?

0 Likes

m_d_p
First Timer
Message 7 of 12

if any of the two posts above are deleted again i'll be send the screenshots and information to the appropriate trading or legal governing body.

0 Likes

m_d_p
First Timer
Message 8 of 12

called again today to insist they cancel my order or I'd speak to an ombudsman or some other intermediary, or they needed to provide a concrete installation date that will happen very soon. once again, a poor experience followed so i'm no going to an intermediary.

- called the sales team as a previous agent had recommended that. told my story again for the 4-5th time. was then told i need to be passed to the full fibre team. great, have to repeat the story again because the agents don't to proper handovers.

- spoke to the next agent and was put on hold for about 10minutes while they looked into things. 

- they came back and said it was still "processing" and that my order doesn't exist on the order system yet. wait, what??? apparently my information is in one system, but not in the actual order system, like there's some queue that my details are waiting to be passed to.

- i asked again to cancel, but this time the person said they CAN cancel. wait, what??? so the agent on thursday was lying again? two agents lying so far? amazing

- he canceled the order and was told it may take 3-5 days to cancel. I asked for hm to send me proof of the cancelation and he said he can't do that, and that i should instead get an email in 3-5 days. 

anyways. already signed-up to another service. truly appalling experience here.

0 Likes

m_d_p
First Timer
Message 9 of 12

Posting this again since my original one was deleted. wonder why??? i'm going to screenshot it as proof this time though!

spoke to another agent on the phone yesterday (thursday), and the following poor experience followed:
- order is apparently still processing and he had no further info to give. he called the sales team who also had no info to give. so despite being told by an agent on monday (order day) that i'd receive my order information in 2-3 days (so wed/thu) i still received no info. 

- then asked for my order number again so i at least have something to reference. was told there is no order number and that i need to just give agents my post code for them to find me. no order number??? seriously? and... the agent i spoke to on monday told me she can't give me my order number for security reasons, but then is she lying if this agent on thursday said there is no number? 

- agent then told me i have to call them back in another 2-3 days. I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO!!!

- then asked if the engineer i booked for monday was going to come, to which the answer was they can't find that booking in the system.

- at that point i was then told i would need to call back on the wednesday, so 1.5wks after the order, to find out more info. so now we've gone from being asked to call back again in 2-3 days to about 5-6 days. 

- i then said i wanted to cancel, and was told i can't cancel because it's all still processing. absolutely ridiculous.

i ended the call and started looking at other services.

0 Likes

m_d_p
First Timer
Message 10 of 12

I spoke with a chat agent. This is all a very poor experience.

The agent confirmed my order is placed, but won't give me my order number or account number for "security reasons" even though I already went through their security answers, and was told i'll receive an order email once talk talk finish talking to openreach, in 2-3 more days. Oh, and that the date i booked the engineer for, and which i booked a day off work for, is only provisional and could change. Great.

Really wish i'd read up on talktalk first. I would have gladly paid a little more money at a different company to avoid spending 2-3 hours so far trying to figure out if i have an order, and the poor experience in general. Shocking.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 12

Hi m_d_p

I can see an account has been created but the order is still being processed so there is no reference currently showing. 

It could take a few more days to update. Try contacting the future fibre team on  03451720088  in 72 hours, they should be able to update you further. 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused

0 Likes