Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No voucher received

gld73
Chatterbox
Message 8 of 8

Looking at this forum, I seem to have the same problem as many others have had - I signed up to Talk Talk on condition that I would get a voucher within 90 days, but it hasn't materialised .... and the email address we're told to use to chase up missing vouchers (uk-talktalkvouchers@awin.com) seems to go into a black hole as there's no reply received when emailing it.

I have followed all the instructions correctly, joined through the correct link, paid by direct debit every month, yet have not received anything about claiming my voucher (I would choose the Tesco one).

The switch only made financial sense if I factored in the voucher, so I am not going to accept not receiving it.  It's bad enough that my broadband speed is ridiculously low (1.3Mbps on a good day!) without me paying more as well!  Does anyone actually receive their voucher automatically as they're meant to, or does TalkTalk only give them out reluctantly once people chase them up??
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi @gld73 

The Voucher will be dispatched in the next few weeks. Sorry for the delay.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi @gld73 

Thanks for your post. 

I will contact the team at AWIN and get back to you. 

Thanks. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

@Jean1950 Start your own topic if you would like the support team to look into this for you.

I doubt it is anything more than poor administration given the volumes that must be involved in these offers, have a look at any other major provider forum and you will see the same sort of thing.

0 Likes

Jean1950
First Timer
Message 4 of 8

Same here, joined talktalk back in September from BT. Followed the link through U switch. No voucher after 90 days. Have emailed talktalk and still no response. Is this just a ploy to get people to switch? 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

@ferguson wrote:

What do you think? People who get a voucher are going to post on a support community to say so? Me neither.

Of the 3 people I personally know who signed up for Talk Talk via voucher offers, not one of us have received it. Numerous people posting here are in the same boat. So "what do I think?" - I think it's strange that it's not just 1 or 2 people who have inadvertently been missed if it's not a ploy. It's not difficult to set up a system where after a customer opens an account, an action is taken after a set time period.  Talk Talk manages it no problems with my bill, so why not the voucher.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 8

@gld73 wrote:

Does anyone actually receive their voucher automatically as they're meant to, or does TalkTalk only give them out reluctantly once people chase them up??

What do you think? People who get a voucher are going to post on a support community to say so? Me neither.

Make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile here so that the support team can link your forum identity with your account and then give them until the early part of next week to respond.

0 Likes

gld73
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 8

The T&Cs from the email I received at the time are copied below:

Terms and Conditions

1. £55 Reward available when you purchase TalkTalk’s Fast Broadband through Save The Student between 21st – 27th September 2018.
  2. Reward vouchers are only available for online purchases made through the voucher sign-up page on Save The Student or the “An update on your gift” email from no-reply@giftcloud.com. Orders completed on the phone or via web chat are not eligible.
  3. This offer is only valid for new TalkTalk customers on products specified. TV boosts are NOT included in this offer.
  4. It will take up to 90 days after the original purchase date for your purchase to be verified as eligible for a voucher. We strongly recommend letting this 90-day period pass before querying the status of your voucher.
  5. You can choose either an Amazon, Great British Pub, Restaurant Card or Tesco voucher.
  6. TalkTalk holds the right to withdraw this offer if we believe that the terms of the offer are being abused in any way.
  7. Customers can only receive their reward voucher if their line has been activated.
  8. Customers who cancel their order will not be eligible for a reward voucher.
  9. This offer may be withdrawn or amended at any time.
  10. This Promotion cannot be combined with any other voucher, offer, discount or promotion code and may not be redeemed for cash. If this is used alongside another offer or discount you will not be eligible for the offer.
  11. You will be emailed instructions on how to choose your Reward 90 days within your purchase. After receiving the instructions, you will have 3 months to claim your Reward by sending it to your email or mobile phone.
  12. Only one Reward will be delivered per person.
  13. Please check the redemption instructions and terms and conditions of your chosen Reward before making your choice.
  14. Rewards should be treated like cash and kept securely. They cannot be replaced if lost or stolen
  15. Amazon.co.uk is not a sponsor of this promotion. Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards ("GCs") may be redeemed on the Amazon.co.uk website towards the purchase of eligible products available on www.amazon.co.uk. GCs cannot be reloaded, resold, transferred for value, redeemed for cash or applied to any other account. Amazon.co.uk is not responsible if a GC is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission. See www.amazon.co.uk/gc-legal for complete terms and conditions. GCs are issued by Amazon EU S.à r.l. All Amazon ®, ™ & © are IP of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
  16. If you have any questions or have not received your voucher 90 days after your purchase date, please contact uk-talktalkvouchers@awin.com
0 Likes