Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not received Free Alexa Gen 4 or smart Plug

dencole01
First Timer
Message 14 of 14

Hi.

I had an email from TT a couple of months ago offering a free Alexa gen 4 and a smart plug if I re-signed up with them using one click.  I re-signed up but still to this day I have had no communication about the free offer.  What's going on?

Cheers

Take it as it comes
13 REPLIES 13

ferguson
Community Star
Message 1 of 14

@Braindrain64 No worries, but you were encouraged to do so. The support threads work best when operating on a one to one basis for the original poster, otherwise things can get confusing.  🙂

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Oops 😮 Sorry if it was me that hijacked their thread. I presumed that as the title would have been the same as I would have created, I thought I might as well use this same existing thread that someone else made because it just seemed unnecessary to make another one but I'll try and remember next time.

J Braindrain

ferguson
Community Star
Message 3 of 14

@dencole01 Sadly the fact that another poster has hijacked your thread means it may have been delayed a bit. Have you responded to the PM from Jo? It won't be until Monday at the earliest that you hear from the support team again, but I am sure they will get this sorted for you. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Hey Braindrain64

You lucky sod, I'm still waiting to hear back from someone as to when I'll be getting my code to claim.  Good luck, hope you get the items sooner than later.

Take it as it comes
0 Likes

Braindrain64
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 14

***UPDATE***

OK, I've now received the code and have ordered on Amazon. Looks like the smart plug will be delivered tomorrow but I might have to wait a week or so for the Echo Gen 4, hopefully,  it will be quicker than that though but that's what the delivery estimate says. Oh well, after all this time I'll call this progress 😀

J Braindrain
0 Likes

Braindrain64
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 14

There won't be any point in me starting a new thread now. I got in contact with the support team via chat. Just for anyone else that might be waiting, I'll tell you what I have been told. Well, there's good news and bad news.

The good news is I have been told that they are escalating the complaint but the bad news is they said I will have to give them another 7 working days to get the email with the code. So that's ANOTHER 7 days on top of having to wait 37 days after going live.

That's not the only problem though, because, as we're getting closer to Christmas now, delivery times for items like this in Amazon seem to be longer.

I checked the estimated delivery time and it's roughly two weeks. I can't blame TalkTalk for that latter issue in fairness but this does effectively mean I will have been waiting approx 58 days for this free gift. It just seems like a lot of hoop-jumping and hassle for a free gift. I mean, is this normally how it goes when claiming a free gift here or have I just been one of the unlucky ones that it just went wrong on this occasion?? 🤔

J Braindrain
0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hi Braindrain64,

I'm sorry you haven't received your Amazon Gift code.

Please start your own thread as I'll be more than happy to look into this for you.

Thanks,

Jo

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Hi dencole01,

I can help with this, I've sent you a private message to get more information.

Thanks,
Jo

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 9 of 14

@Braindrain64 If you start your own topic then the support team will be happy to help. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Hi Braindrain64, I feel your anger and pain.  What a mess up.  I re-joined TT because I have been with them for years and the service has been pretty good and the cheapest around so with the offer of the freebies, I thought why not sign back up with them.  Hope we get them at some point soon.

Take it as it comes
0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Hi Gliwmaeden2 thanks for advice, have added landline number.

Take it as it comes

Braindrain64
Popular Poster
Message 12 of 14

This is now the 37th day since I've gone live with TalkTalk and I too was told that I would get a code for a free gift of an Echo Dot 4th Gen and Smart plug as a part of the deal. Not that I signed up just for that alone, it was mainly because of the TalkTalk internet TV box which I prefer to Sky Glass TV which Sky (whom I WAS with) are now forcing customers who want purely internet TV to have to take and I didn't like this, so, that's why I left them and rejoined TT, and I have no regrets but I was told by TT that I would get a code for the gifts 37 days after going live. I was hoping to get an email this morning, first thing but nothing so far. When can I expect it then? Later today maybe? 🤔

J Braindrain

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 13 of 14

Please add your Talktalk landline number to your community forum profile details for TT staff to identify your account, @dencole01.

Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard. 

Moving this to billing as it's not a problem with your service. 

Please look out for a response from staff later in the week. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes