Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notice of renewal - When?

JetJockey777
Visitor
Message 11 of 11

Hi,

When am I likely to receive notice about renewal for broadband?

My existing contract ends 7th Oct (so 2 weeks time) and I've heard nothing.  There is nothing showing for broadband on the "Existing customer offers & upgrades" page neither, only more stuff I could add to the existing contract.

I just want to continue the same service for as long as possible... will a 12-month contract be the only option available?

Anyone else fed up with renewals with companies like Talk Talk?  It's like every month I've got to renew something, phone, mobile, tv, gas, electric, etc, etc.  Why can't they offer longer contracts?  It's not like their costs are going up.

Thanks.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 1 of 11

😊 I very nearly asked you if you were sure about the end date...! 😊

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 2 of 11

It's here:  🤭

Right near this one:  😂

0 Likes

JetJockey777
Visitor
Message 3 of 11

OK, so this is a tad embarrassing but I've discovered I've got another 12 months to run on my existing contract, which explains why I've had no renewal notice or offers etc.

I only found this one when trying, via phone, to cancel after the offer made (after haggling) was £5 a month more than a competitor and the customer service person mentioned endding the contract early.

Oops!  Now where is the faceplant icon!

Message 4 of 11

@JetJockey777 wrote:

I suspect you are right and I'll receive the renewal email in a few days time.

@JetJockey777 , You don't need to wait until you get a "renewal email", which might never come anyway - I don't remember ever getting one. Just phone the loyalty team and see what deal they can do for you. Have a look about to see what offers are available from other ISPs for comparison to help you with your negotiation, and don't just accept their first offer.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 5 of 11

Yes, @JetJockey777, so your billing cycle means that you will see a sharp increase billed from 4th October: probably 4th-7th at your current contract rate and the rest of the month at full price pro rata, 8th October till 3rd November. 

Full price for your present package is displayed here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-pricing/ta-p/2212258

If you don't set something else up before your next bill comes in, you'll pay the amount I have outlined above.

If you are quick and find a good deal with them now, you can avoid paying any excessive increase at all.

If you leave it to c 3rd October you will probably be too late to catch the immediate month, but a new deal fixed up then will be reflected on the subsequent bill with a correction for any over payment. Hope that makes sense!

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Only 10 days... I thought it would be a month. I've just seen my next bill is due 4th Oct which is a bit late for an end of contract notice, but I suspect you are right and I'll receive the renewal email in a few days time.

ferguson
Community Star
Message 7 of 11

Ofcom regulations require a notice of contract end and renewal options to be sent to customers no later than 10 days before the end of the current contract. So it may well arrive within the next few days. Your charging period won't change, it will continue in line with your billing date.

JetJockey777
Visitor
Message 8 of 11

I hope I can get a 18/24 month contract... one less thing to do for a bit.

@Gliwmaeden2 I've checked the spam and had no email from them and nothing on the last bill either, but I noticed that was only paying the charges in advance till 3rd Oct not 7th Oct when the contract ends 😞

Sounds like the best option is to give them a call?

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 9 of 11

@JetJockey777 , costs are going up, hence the price rises in March and August and from next spring an annual increase of CPI + 3.7% for customers who do not take the fixed price plus deals.

You should easily be able to get a contract for 18 or 24 months.

Like any utility, you just have to do your homework and put some time aside to haggle.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Check the details in recent billing notifications, where they may warn you that the amount is likely to be different as you approach the end of your contract, @JetJockey777.

End of contract date and billing date don't usually coincide.

Any new contract will kick in the day you fix it up, not from the end of the current contract. 

You should also have received an email from a no-reply address:

info@consumer.talktalkplc.com

which normally will spell out your options.  Most contracts are for 18 months  / 2 years with Talktalk.  12 months is less usual. Check your spam folder etc.

The best way to go about renewals is to check Talktalk offers on 3rd party comparison websites as well as their own. 

Renewing through My Account is fraught with problems and people usually end up phoning up anyway to sort things out. 

Contracts can't be set up by forum staff or Chat.

You need to phone 03451 720046 after 9am (till 7pm Monday to Friday; till 6pm Saturday; not open Sunday).

0 Likes