Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Options for end of contract

06carrotmuseum
First Timer
Message 3 of 3
I received a no reply email from your company today about the options available to me at the end of my contract in March. None of the links in that email worked, so went into my account area on line and connected with chat - what a simply dreadful experience.

All I am inquiring about is whether I can upgrade to Option 1 - Fibre 65 as offered in the options email.  To me, it is a simple technical question, based on the location of my property. I was in doubt as I do not know of anyone else in my area who has fibre broadband and I am led to believe that it is not available. But heck YOU were offering it (without conditions or further checks) is, so I thought I had better enquire to see if something had changed.

You also say in the email "When your contract ends, you move on to our standard price plan, so you may see an increase in your bill. Check now how much you can save with our fixed price plans" - I am not convinced you have the authority to do this.

I inputted my name, address, postcode, and account number. The chat person insisted I had to give my mobile  number for "security reasons" even though I have NEVER registered it with you, so you could not possibly check.  She then required the last 4 digits oy my bank account. I refused. You  do not need this to check whether Fibre 65 is available to me at my address.

I also want to know whether I can renew to Fibre 65 from the date the existing contract ends, and not immediately, as the Options email suggests.

These are my details -  (current package Fast Broadband and line rental £21.50 p.m.) expires 16/03/21

Personal info removed for security
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi 06carrotmuseum

Thanks for your post. 

If you would like us to look into this, please can you update your community profile to include your home telephone number, we will then be able to have a look at your  account.

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

I have removed your personal information from your post.

Please update your personal information in your profile including your TalkTalk landline phone number so your account can be traced. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info
If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your landline phone and this will confirm the number for you.
Thank you

However for the best deals you would be best speaking to the Loyalty Team as they hold the best deals and can also answer your query.

0345 172 0046 is currently working. Say "Loyalty Team" or "leaving TalkTalk" or "cancel TalkTalk" when prompted and you should get through to someone to talk to.
You may though have to listen to a few lengthy recorded messages, but if you persevere you should get through to someone.

They are currently working Monday - Friday 9am-7pm, and some Saturdays going forward.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes