Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Overcharged Every Month

9 REPLIES
tajman356
Sightseer

Hello, First Time post in desperation.

For the past 4 months I have been charged for international calls although I pay for INTERNATINAL EXTRA BOOST. I only phone one country which is on the TalkTalk list. Never more than the 1000mins per month.

I have Phoned , Emailed and gone on the chat line and even written a letter ( I remembered how to do it!) each month and TalkTalk refund the over cost. But I have been over charged again this month.

I have been with TalkTalk probably nearly 10 years. This is doing my head in.

Any Suggestions welcome.

TalkTalk Team

Hi tajman356

Thanks for your post, sorry that you are having problems.

If you would like us to look into this, please can you update your community profile to include your home telephone number, we will then be able to have a look at your  account.

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks

tajman356
Sightseer
Thanking you in Anticipation.
I have added details in Settings as requested.
TalkTalk Team

Hi 

When you call , so you enter a prefix?  

tajman356
Sightseer

Hello

For a few years now, I only call Sweden and have used the prefix 18418. But having spoken to customer services on the phone on 25th Jan they told me that is no longer necessary and only to use the normal country code, in this case 0046.

My troubles began when I started a new contract some 4/5 months ago.

On the 25th Jan , they "checked" the line , giving it an OK and refunded the over payment from last month but did not solve the problem because my latest bill shows I have been charged for international calls again.

Thanks.

TalkTalk Team

Hi tajman356

So looking at the calls its seems tp be the prefix that may be causing the problem, when you enter the prefix the call is not recognised as a call that should be free, and so charges start being billed.  

The latest calls you have made without the prefix are being shown as free as per the boost

Regards

tajman356
Sightseer

Yes Arne, it looks like you are right. As I said it was the 25th when they told me on the phone that I do not need to use the prefix. Since then I have not used it.

The confusing thing is that TalkTalk sent me a letter, I recieved about a week ago that said FROM THE 1ST MARCH there will be no need to use the prefix 18418.

Anyway I will continue not to use it now on.

That just may mean my problem is sorted except I need to be refunded for the overcharge which I feel is only fair.

Regards

TalkTalk Team

Hi tajman356

Ive raised a credit for the calls. 

The letter is is advising that the 18418  code is being completely stopped from the 1st.  if that code is dialed from that date the call wont be connected and you will hear the standard automated message advised number is not recognized.  

If you are using programmed numbers in a speed dial we advise you to re-program them.

Regards

tajman356
Sightseer
Thanks Arne for your help. Hope this means no more problems.
Regards
TalkTalk Team

No problem.