Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged for Package

urbanromantic
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Hi, I signed up for the Fibre 65 package and expected to pay 23 pounds per month. I just received my first bill which has my package showing up as 25 pounds per month. Please can you advise how I can get this readjusted. 

Thanks

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7
0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Thanks, the agent called me back yesterday and we resolved it over the phone. Appreciate the response. 

Message 3 of 7

Hi @urbanromantic

Your first bill after renewal can sometimes be higher , however you will get the overcharges back on your next bill due to the advance charges. 

I can confirm that your price per month is £23 per month. 

Sorry for any confusion. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 7

You could try Chat today, @urbanromantic.

They are live every day from 9am. The blue button for that is near the bottom of this page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-live-chat-team/ta-p/2230529

Phone support is not available on Sundays. The forum staff will be able to take a look into this when they reach your thread during the week. 

It is in a queue for attention. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Thanks for the post @Gliwmaeden2. I checked for extras but this was just the standalone price of the package that is showing on my account page. 

I didn't take a screen shot of the offer and what's more annoying is none of the confirmation emails Talktalk sent me regarding my sign up had any information on the price of the package, so there was no way for me to know (please fix this Talktalk so other customers don't have the same issue!) . I signed up for this offer via a cashback website and have a screenshot of the price they had there, which was and still is £23.00 per month. The first time I logged on to my account and it was showing £25.00 I thought there must have been a mistake. 

I called the customer service line today and after being put on hold for 30 minutes, I was transferred to the retentions department. Unfortunately the person that picked up the call didn't have the systems to make this change (because he had only been with them for less than 6 months), and said I would be getting a callback from his colleague. I was waiting for that callback but it still hasn't come. Hence now trying the forums.  

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Check whether there are hidden extras (eg, TV charge half price, so an extra £2.00) as these are sometimes not shown in the headline price for Broadband but added when you join online, @urbanromantic.

Did you keep a screenshot of the offer, or get a confirmation letter / email?

A first bill can be higher than subsequent ones, as it needs to cover the few days from "go live", when your service starts, up to the billing date and the month ahead.

Subsequent bills will then only show the month ahead (and catch up on any calls you've made from your landline etc).

Staff can look into this for you on here, but it will be Monday at the earliest before you get a reply from them. 

For them to identify your account,  please add your Talktalk landline number to your community forum profile details. Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard. 

That information will only be visible to yourself and professional staff. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes