Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package Pricing Issues

Xing2016
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 5

Dear Sir or Madam

I am writing on behalf of my mother, Mrs Irene Wilkinson, who has noticed that her monthly charges for "TalkTalk" don't correspond to the package price of the "Fibre 65" Package which she's signed up to.  

When my mother first signed up to the "Fibre 65" Service, she was put on a two-year contract whereby she'd only be paying £29.95 per month as the monthly Package Cost.  My mother and I both understood at the time that the monthly fee of £29.95 included a charge of £7.00 per month to call anywhere within the UK for free from her Landline.  Therefore, there would only be extra charges incurred for services not included in the "Fibre 65" Package, such as using the "TalkTalk" Voicemail Service or calling any international numbers.  However, it appears that my mother has still been charged an extra £7.00 per month on top of the original £29.95, giving a total package cost of £36.95 per month.  This is in spite of having been told that the £7.00 fee is part of the monthly Package Cost of £29.95 when signing up to the "Fibre 65" Service.  

There also seems to be a request on my mother's Online Account with "TalkTalk" for her to renew her contract and sign up to a new "Fibre 65" Package.  This is in spite of the current package lasting two years from 5 March 2021, which is when my mother signed up to the "Fibre 65" Package she's already on.  Looking at the new package my mother would be on if she renewed her contract again now, in spite of only being on the current one for three-and-a-half months, there seems to be no difference between the current package and the new one, both in terms of what it offers and what it costs.  So it's rather puzzling as to what the situation is here.  

If you could look into what's happening regarding the issues raised above, that would be most appreciated.  

Yours faithfully

Jonathan Wilkinson (Xing2016)

Son to Mrs Irene Wilkinson

J R Wilkinson
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Dear Arne

Thank you very much for your email.  

I shall PM you the email my mother received on 5 March 2021 which confirms the fact that the half-price UK Calls Boost Fee of £7 per month is included in the Fibre 65 Package Fee, which is £29.95 per month.  

Thank you once again for your assistance with this matter, which is really appreciated.  

Best Regards

J R Wilkinson
0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi Xing2016

Sorry for the delay the thread fell out of our work queue.  

Just to clarify the anytime calls boost is not showing as free on the account it is half price at £7 per month, if you can PM me the confirmation email as there is no indication on the account of what offer was taken. 

Thanks 

0 Likes

Xing2016
Conversation Starter
Message 3 of 5

Dear Arne

Thank you very much for your email.  

I can confirm that, with my mother's permission, I placed the order for the "Fibre 65" Package online via my mother's "My Account" area of the "TalkTalk" Website.  I can also confirm that this order was placed on 5 March 2021 and that my mother received an order confirmation email on 5 March 2021 to confirm this.  According to the email, my mother would be on the "Fibre 65" Package at a total monthly cost of £29.95 each month for at least 24 months from 5 March 2021.  The email also states that there would be no extra costs for the ability to call anywhere in the UK for free (which normally costs £14 per month) or for the "Super Safe Boost" (which normally costs £4 per month).  This email also stated that these Boosts would both be free for the full 24-month period of the "Fibre 65" Contract my mother is currently on, and then would be full price after this 24-month period has passed.  In spite of this, my mother has still been charged an extra £7 per month to call anywhere in the UK for free (I understand that there's been a half-price offer on this Boost for quite some time.  However, based on the contract my mother is now on, the cost of this boost should now be free).  

I would, therefore, be most grateful if the £7 charge that has been placed on my mother's account with "TalkTalk" since 5 March 2021 could be reimbursed and the Boost to enable calls to be made to anywhere within the UK be made free-of-charge from now on, for the remaining period of the 24 months of her "Fibre 65" Package, as per the order confirmation email my mother received on 5 March 2021.  

Thank you also for letting me know that the issue within my mother's "My Account" area of the "TalkTalk" Website which is asking her to renew her contract again could be to do with the Internet Browser being used to access this Website.  I can confirm that this issue didn't arise after her current package started on 5 March 2021, until 18 June 2021, when I downloaded my mother's latest "TalkTalk" Bill on her behalf.  I could reset all of the Internet Browsers on my computer as per your email, but I suspect the problem is more to do with the "TalkTalk" Website than anything at this end, especially as the issue didn't become apparent until just over 3 months into my mother's current Package.  

Thank you once again for your assistance with this matter, which is really appreciated.  

Yours sincerely

(On Behalf of my mother, Mrs Irene Wilkinson)

J R Wilkinson
0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 5

Hi Xing2016

How was the renewal placed was it telephone or via My Account?

Did your Mother get a confirmation email or letter?  it will have been issued outlining all the costs.

Usually the package price is for the Broadband/Phone/ and Line rental,  boosts such as the anytime calls boost are extra, from your description she has been given the boost at half price instead of £14. 

As for the MY Account issue, it sounds like it could be a cached page, Try a different browser and also clear all cookies and cache in the Browser. 

I will await your reply.

0 Likes