Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipex user with Email Plus and webmail but not POP/IMAP

GeoffThorpe
Chatterbox
Message 17 of 17

As a legacy Pipex customer who received the 'Migrate to TalkTalk Plus' email I'm continuing to experience problems even though I have a MyAccount, a welcome message from EmailPlus and the ability to 'Manage my email addresses'.

The problem is that my pipex's email username and password is not allowed to be used via POP/IMAP for email client software such as google or thunderbird since I have been 'locked' due to my delay in responding to the migration email.

I can confirm that my pipex email can be read by the talk talk web client.

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

That's great. Thanks for posting back to let us know its sorted. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

Yes, thank you I can confirm I can read email on my other devices

Message 3 of 17

The primary has now be restored to full access. Please check and let me know when you've confirmed it's working fully. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 17

I'm really sorry about this. I've shortcut the process and gone direct to a colleague who can help. It should be done today. I'll let you know as soon as he replies. 

Ady

Message 5 of 17

Ady, Still no access via Google or my other email clients.

This has taken way too long.

There is obviously something seriously wrong somewhere with my account setup.

My patience is now at its limit.   It would actually have been quicker to move to a new email provider!

Message 6 of 17

Hi Geoff, apologies for the delay this should have completed within 24 hours. I've resent the form if this hasn't fixed the problem by this time tomorrow please post back and I'll escalate this further.

Ady

Message 7 of 17

Hi Geoff

I'd have thought the restriction to webmail only access would have been taken off by now. I'll alert Ady in the hope he'll reply tomorrow or Friday.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Thanks Ady for that update.  I've been trying to gain access on a daily basis

My email remains locked.

Do we have a timescale on how long the unlock process takes?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

Hi GeoffThorpe, I've submitted the derestriction form form for the 2 primary email addresses. I believe that once the 2 primaries are fully operational again you'll be happy with the performance. The alias can't be unrestricted in it's own right but will be unrestricted when the primary is. 

Ady

Message 10 of 17

That's good. Ady will pick up from Monday onwards. 

Message 11 of 17

I have entered the required info but now I get "Secure Verification.Thanks, we'll get back to you soon."

Message 12 of 17

Hi GeoffThorpe, I'll send you another link, this time you should setup a telephone enquiry password before providing the information so that we can get this sorted for you. 

Ady

GeoffThorpe
Chatterbox
Message 13 of 17

Thanks for the help. I can confirm my master email address is in my profile.

Message 14 of 17

Hi Geoff

If payment has been taken then TalkTalk Support can see that and can ask for the restriction on email to be lifted.

Just ensure the master pipex email address is in your Community profile Private notes and I'll ask TalkTalk Support for you.

GeoffThorpe
Chatterbox
Message 15 of 17

Gondola, No the subscription payment has not reached My Account. How can that be chased?

Gondola
Community Star
Message 16 of 17

Hi Geoff

Has the subscription payment reached your MailPlus MyAccount?  Normally, the billing system would release the limitation on webmail only access once the payment has been credited to the account.

Have you checked by setting up the master pipex email address? The alias addresses, although recognised by inbound mail servers, do not have a mailbox on the TalkTalk Mail platform.

On updating the email software incoming, outgoing and some advanced server settings, you'll possibly be asked to accept a new certificate (yes, accept) and to enter the email password so have the current password ready. Tick to save the password before entering it.

Supported* email client and app settings are:

Account Type  IMAP (recommended) or POP3
Username Full master email address
Password Email password
Incoming mail server mail.talktalk.net
Incoming Port (IMAP / POP3) 993 / 995
Incoming Connection Security SSL/TLS (Use SSL on for mobile)
Outgoing mail server smtp.talktalk.net
Outgoing Port 587
Outgoing Connection Security STARTTLS (Use SSL on for mobile)
Outgoing Authentication Required Yes
Authentication Method Normal Password

Apple/Mac Mail Connection Security is use TLS/SSL

* Email clients, apps and devices that do not support secure mail using a minimum of TLS1.2 connection security are not supported.