Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please remove fibre speed boost

moreaction
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 3

I finally got around to checking my bills and note that I have a fibre speed boost on my account which I do not remember asking for and for which I am being charged £5 a month.

Please remove this - there does not appear to be any option to do this myself unlike other boosts.

Please can you also point me to when I agreed to this charge?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

moreaction
Popular Poster
Message 1 of 3

Thank you very much I will give them a call and have it removed - it's obscene that I have to rely on fellow customers to get a number to call rather than TalkTalk just having some form of customer services themselves!

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

The speedboost is added to the Faster Fibre service to enable faster speeds, @moreaction. If you were not aware of the charge before, it may have been included free for so many months at the start of a package. 

If you have the original confirmation of your deal or look back through much older bills you might see it marked as applied, but the charge then crossed out? That discount may have expired.

If you have been getting  download speeds above 40Mbps, this would be due to the application of the boost, so you will be reverting to the ordinary Faster Fibre service if you get it removed. 

To remove it, speak to Customer Services on 03451 720046, after 9am. 

Your thread is in the queue for attention from staff, @moreaction, but it can take a few days to get a reply. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.