Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting landline to new provider

FishmanUK
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

Hi, 

My contract period is up shortly and I would like to switch to another provider (plusnet) where I can get a better price than the online renewal offer but when attempting to do this it says that I will be assigned a new landline phone number.  

A quick live chat with Plusnet suggests:  "It may be a number that is owned by your current phone provider so cannot be switched to us, or it may be a number that isn't supported on the BT network, which is what we use for our services."

This phone number was originally provided to me by Virgin Media, ported to Plusnet and now currently on talk talk so I cant imagine why there would be an issue.

Can someone get in touch with me to get appropriate details to look into this?

Thanks

Peter

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4
0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Thanks for the reply @Arne-TalkTalk 

Seems odd though that plusnet to talk talk worked but the other way round doesn't?

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi @FishmanUK

Thanks for you post. 

There isn't anything that we can do if Plusnet wont port the number, as it has been moved previously nothing will have changed when it transferred to us, and Plusnet have previously ported it from the original owners so they do have a Porting agreement with VM (unless something has changed in their systems). 

Sorry cant be more helpful.

0 Likes