Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving bills even after switching

Aamir Malik
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

I switched to community fibre at the beginning of July and was meant to receive my final bill. I phoned TalkTalk about leaving as well and was told that service from TalkTalk would stop after the switch had been complete. I got billed in July and am about to be billed in 5 days and I haven't received a final bill so I want a refund. 

7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi @Aamir Malik

After looking at the account it should have been cancelled at the end of July. 

In normal circumstances the gaining provider (community Fibre) would have connected us to port the number away this didn't happen which is why the account remained open

I can see the request to cancel on the 2nd July, as we operate a 30 day cancellation policy the bill produced on the 12th July should have been the final payment to us. The following 2 bills will be credited back to your account, You can request a refund via My Account in the next 24 hours. 

Please accept my apologize for any inconvenience caused by this. 

Regards

Message 2 of 8

@Aamir Malik Sorry for the delay. 

I will look into this now and get back to you. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Done.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 8

Hi @Aamir Malik

Thanks for your post, sorry that you are having problems.

If you would like us to look into this, please can you update your community profile to include your home telephone number, we will then be able to have a look at your  account.

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 5 of 8

Hmm, I fear that your request was misinterpreted and that they assumed your new provider would advise them, this doesn't happen when moving to a direct Fibre service. I think you will formally need to cancel again explaining all of the above and trust that they will allow some understanding in the circumstances regarding charging. As it is I suspect that your TalkTalk service has continued throughout. 

Message 6 of 8

I called them on 2nd July which was the day in which the contract ended. They told me the service would automatically switch as soon as community fibre's engineers set up my new Wi-Fi and talktalk service would stop.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

When did you give TalkTalk notice that you wanted to cancel and what date did they give that your service would cease?

If you would like the support team here to look into this for you it will help if you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

0 Likes