Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recieved letter saying I will be charged for paper billing, as you cannot email my talktalk address!

jfeat
Team Player
Message 6 of 6

Hello

I have just received a letter saying that I am going to be charged for paper billing because it looks like "these emails haven't been getting through to your inbox. This could be because

1.     your email address is incorrect
  2.     it is no longer active
  3.     your inbox is full
  4. or because our messages are being blocked by spam filters."

The email address I use for my TalkTalk account is my talktalk email address, unchanged since 2005 or so! It is fully active, has plenty of capacity, and the only spam filters in use are TT's!

My last received bill from TT by email was on 29.01.22, none received since.

Not my fault, not my problem

Unimpressed!

jfeat

5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi jfeat 

Just to say that toggling back to email billing notifications, on its own, may not result in you receiving any notifications to your TalkTalk Mail address. 

The best solution is to change your MyAccount login to a non-TalkTalk email address.  It's actually the preferred and more secure option for your MyAccount to use an external email address and a unique MyAccount password rather then using the same password as the talktalk email login.

The reason you're getting the paper billing letter is that the TalkTalk billing system has failed to get the billing notification to your talktalk mailbox. If there was a delivery issue the billing system then logs a fail to receive and will not send out any more mail messages to that email address. This is simply a protection for the billing system mail sender so it doesn't get blacklisted by mail services that may continue to reject the billing mail from TalkTalk. 

Just go to your   MyAccount to change the Login Details.

When you've successfully received a billing notification to the external email address the mail sending will be logged as good so you can choose to keep that external address as your login (recommended) or you may choose to revert to the TalkTalk Mail address.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

jfeat
Team Player
Message 2 of 6

Last week I received a letter from TalkTalk confirming "We've had to switch you over to paper billing at £2.75 a month".

The letter explains how every month they send an email to me letting me know that my bill is ready to view in My Account, and that they recently wrote to me asking me to update my details to make sure these messages get to me, but it looks like they're still not getting to my inbox.

Well TalkTalk, I am using your email system, in just the same way that I have since becoming a subscriber in 2005. The last bill I received from TT by email was 29/01/2022. The fact that your emails don't arrive in my TalkTalk inbox has nothing to do with me at all, it is entirely under your control. And yes, @talktalk.net is the only email address I have used since signing up to the service.

I have read elsewhere that subscribers with long-standing TalkTalk accounts are vulnerable to email problems and they should consider moving to network providers who operate more robust systems. So it looks like this is what I will have to do.

In the meantime I have gone into My Account and toggled my billing preference back to email. Presumably in 3 months time I will be facing the same problem, but at least this will give me time to find a new provider.

0 Likes

jfeat
Team Player
Message 3 of 6

A few days ago I received a letter from TalkTalk confirming "We've had to switch you over to paper billing at £2.75 a month".

Apparently every month they send an email to me letting me know that my bill is ready to view in My Account. They recently wrote to me asking me to update my details to make sure these messages get to me, but it looks like they're still not getting to my inbox.

Well TalkTalk, I am using your email system, in just the same way that I have since becoming a subscriber in 2005. The last bill I received from TT by email was 29/01/2022. The fact that your emails don't arrive in my TalkTalk inbox has nothing to do with me at all, it is entirely under your control. And yes, @talktalk.net is the only email address I have used since signing up to the service.

I have read elsewhere that subscribers with long-standing TalkTalk accounts are vulnerable to email problems and they should consider moving to network providers who operate more robust systems. So it looks like this is what I will have to do.

In the meantime I have gone into My Account and toggled my billing preference back to email. Presumably in 3 months time I will be facing the same problem, but at least this will give me time to find a new provider.

TT_Paper_Billing_03.05.22.jpg

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 6

Hi jfeat

The letters are often automated. 

i have checked your account and the billing method remains as online are you receiving any other emails from TalkTalk? 

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi @jfeat quite agree, your post has been escalated and you should hear soon. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes