Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recontracted a week ago - no change in billing

Weevie
Enlightened One
Message 50 of 50

I recontracted using a link on MY ACCOUNT at £23.50 - Which incidentally is STILL there !

This was a week ago - yet, despite receiving an email confirming this - no change has been

made in BILLING - why not ?

This will save me £4.50 per month - because my call boost discount will still apply for 18 months

49 REPLIES 49

Message 41 of 50

@Arne-TalkTalk 

still waiting for a solution - or do you want me to start the complants procedure ?

0 Likes

Weevie
Enlightened One
Message 42 of 50

@Arne-TalkTalk 

@AllyM 

Whilst it may be "best  to contact the loyalty team before recontracting" on some ocassions ..... In my case, I have only just recontracted a month ago and saw this even better deal - so simply applied for it (no recontract fee applied  too) - the difference being that there is no extra £2.50 charge for FASTER fibre !

They are trying to charge me for the speed boost - But the speed boost is included in the price of £23.50

But since TT appear to be unable to even apply the saving offered - it looks like the start of a CEDR complaint !

I have proof of my application - I have an email dated 25th December (attached) - but I am still being charged £27.50 (that's £25 + £2.50 for a speed boost) ..with unlimited calls package at £7.50 - total of £35.00 - should be £23.50 + £7.50 - total £31.00 - fixed for 24 months

Why ?

Message 43 of 50

I always think it is best to contact the loyalty team when renewing a contract. That way you can discuss, negotiate and clarify what you are getting and for what price before you agree to it rather than clicking some link and then having to deal with the fallout if it doesn't turn out the way you expected it.

Message 44 of 50

@Weevie , the boost is always carried over, so unless you actually remove it yourself it will continue to be applied (at least as a chargeable boost) just like your Anytime Calls boost.

Probably it would have been safer to remove it first before trying to set up the new contract?

If it's included as part of the new deal I'm sure they should be able to reset this for you manually - probably beyond the reach of auto settings in My Account!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 45 of 50

The screenshot IS from MYACCOUNT / Offers and Upgrades

If it had been from elsewhere - it would have shown as being just £21.95 which is what new customers pay !

Message 46 of 50

I think we may indeed have been here before. That screenshot is not from My Account. It looks like your renewal was as set out in My Account with your existing Boost discounts carried over.  

0 Likes

Message 47 of 50

No - fibre speed boost not relevant - unless you are tryng to double charge for 67Mbps

The price quoted is for a 67Mbps connection

As in attached

We've been here before - haven't we ?

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 48 of 50

Hi Weevie

Just to confirm your contract was renewed 26.12.19

Faster Fibre   £23.50
Unlimited calls boost £7.50
Fibre Speed boost £2.50

Hope that helps.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 49 of 50

Hi Weevie

I will look into this for you and get back to you. 

Regards

0 Likes