Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recontracted a week ago - no change in billing

Weevie
Enlightened One
Message 50 of 50

I recontracted using a link on MY ACCOUNT at £23.50 - Which incidentally is STILL there !

This was a week ago - yet, despite receiving an email confirming this - no change has been

made in BILLING - why not ?

This will save me £4.50 per month - because my call boost discount will still apply for 18 months

49 REPLIES 49

Message 1 of 50

Weevie,

Firstly, I don't work for TalkTalk, I'm a customer just like you so I can't see your account details but just from reading this thread it seems quite straightforward to me. i don't understand what is causing you confusion.

As far as I can see:

OCE Arne has now confirmed several times that he has amended your account to make the fibre speed boost free, so effectively it is included in your £23.50 package price, which is the deal you signed up to.

Clearly though, he was not able to action this in time before your most recent bill (the January one you posted earlier) was produced so it still showed a £2.50 charge for the speed boost. That is why he also raised a £2.50 credit on your account to cancel out the charge for that month. You confirmed yourself that the credit is showing in your transaction history.

Going forward, your monthly bill from now on will not have the extra speed boost charge added. (I'm guessing speed boost will be stated on your bill but lised as "free").

Message 2 of 50
0 Likes

Message 3 of 50

"Because you originally had a half price discount on the boost making it £2.50 as per post 3 on this thread. "

Yes - but, since the boost is now included - the full £5 previously applied charge should now be removed - not just half of it !

0 Likes

Message 4 of 50

@Arne-TalkTalk 

Right - so, you are saying that for the next 18 months

"Faster Fibre £23.50 (inc Speed boost)
Unlimited calls boost £7.50" - from your post # 31

should be £31 per month - which would satisfy me !

Why then is my latest bill £34.15 and that is with a £1.35 rebate from the previous month ?

Why can't TT get a bill correct and stick to it - without customers having to check and query everything ?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 50

Because you originally had a half price discount on the boost making it £2.50 as per post 3 on this thread. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 50

What "added £2.50??"

0 Likes

Message 7 of 50

So how do you explain the added £2.50,? 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 50

Hi Weevie

I can confirm that you are not being charged for the speed boost.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 50

OCE Arne confirmed in post no. 36 that your broadband price is £23.50 inclusive of Speed Boost, what more is it you want?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 50

Yes - thats the inclusive price that I signed up for

£23.50 for 67Mbps fibre + £8.50 for phone package - all fixed for 18 months

TT are STILL trying to add another £2.50 for faster fibre

0 Likes

Message 11 of 50

That's the inclusive price you say you signed up for in your opening post!

0 Likes

Message 12 of 50

ok theres a £2.50 credit on my transaction history

but that doesn't help my question on why the on-going extra £2.50 charge for speed boost - which IS included in the £23.50 charge !

Message 13 of 50

Not sure what you mean by "future billing?" Have you checked your Transaction history for any credits?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 50

@Arne-TalkTalk 

Arne,

TT still have my future billing wrong

They STILL have an extra £2.50 for faster fibre speed boost

And also - no sign of the £2.50 goodwill payment

This is starting to get extremely tiresome !

Please can someone be sacked and please sort this mess out

see attachments

Message 15 of 50

Hi

The unlimited calls boost has now increased to £12 so your charge has risen to £9.50

Total price now is 

Faaster Fibre  -  £23.50 (including fibre speed boost)

Unlimited calls boost £9.50

Total £33

Regards

0 Likes

Message 16 of 50

@Weevie, you know a bill can't be altered once produced.  Check your transaction history to see if the credit makes up for the discrepancy. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 17 of 50

Why then has my latest bill just been charged at £34.15 - allbeit with a massive £2.50 "goodwill bonus" ?

This doesn't add up.........

Message 19 of 50

@Arne-TalkTalk 

Thanks Arne

Message 20 of 50

Hi @Weevie

The speed boost is now free as per the offer in your confirmation. I have placed a credit on the account for the charge this month. 

So your package is now 

Faster Fibre   £23.50 (inc Speed boost)
Unlimited calls boost £7.50

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.