Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund of closed account

Wivenhoewiz
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

I have closed my father's account as he has moved into a care home. There is a credit balance on his account, talk talk won't automatically refund this to his account, insist you have to ring up to request a refund! I gave spent 20 and 30 minutes on 2 calls requesting this balance be refunded to his account. This has still not been done! I have called other utilities to close the account, they automatically refund credit balances. My father is in a care home he is never going to use talk talk again, he wants his refund. I will never ever use them, appalling customer service!

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi @Wivenhoewiz

Thanks for your post, sorry that you are having problems.

If you would like us to look into this, please can you update your community profile to include the home telephone number, we will then be able to have a look at the account.

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Sorry to hear about this, the support team here will gladly help. Make sure that your personal details including your father's former TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile here so that they can link your forum identity with his account and then give them a day or two to respond.

Do you happen to know if his Direct Debit is still in place? Otherwise the refund will have to be by cheque which may be a little more complicated given that you are acting on behalf of a third-party. Unless you have Power of Attorney of course which should simplify matters.

0 Likes