Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund on both Broadband and mobile accounts

Hatmanchris1
First Timer
Message 9 of 9

I switched from Talktalk to another provider in June and this left a small positive balance on my account - just £6.89.  This amount remained on the account and I hadnt noticed that it hadn't been repaid until I saw a bill arrive by email in July.  This bill was for £50 (£43.11 since the credit on the account was offset) for non-return of equipment.  I queried this using the chat facility and was told that I should have returned my equipment as requested, in the postage bag provided.  I had not received any such request or bag.  I was advised that if I returned the equipment the £50 charge would be cancelled.  I was then sent the bag and the equipment was returned, since what was requested was not specified I returned 2 TV boxes and the router (including cables and other sundries).

I have just checked my talktalk account and see that the bill emailed to me on the 24th of August is not listed on 'My Account'.  I also noticed that a credit for the amount of minus £21.05 is listed for November (presumably November last year?) for my previous mobile account, and I have checked my bank account and can see that there are no credits from Talktalk for either amount.

I would like Talktalk to pay this amount of money to me, a total of £71.05.  How do I go about obtaining these refunds?

8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Hatmanchris1

Sorry we dont have access to the mobile systems, as Gliwmaeden2 mentions, call or try live chat. 

They can help with the refund. 

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 9

The mobile account is separate. You could try Chat tomorrow. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-live-chat-team/ta-p/2230529

Or phone 03451 720088 after 9am and ask to be put through to the mobile department, @Hatmanchris1.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi Arne, I found the refund request link for the returned equipment & the refund has been approved, but there doesnt seem to be a way of requesting a refund for the mobile account.  Can you help or advise on this please?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi Hatmanchris1

Thanks for confirming security.

The equipment charge has been credited to your TalkTalk account so you should be able to request a refund via My Account.

Regards

Message 5 of 9

How do I access mail on the community?  Would it be easier to write to my existing email address?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi @Hatmanchris1

I can help I first need to confirm some security questions. 

I have sent you a PM on the community. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

Yes I would appreciate help from the support team in resolving this, especially as the return of the equipment is not visible on my account (its showing a nil balance since a direct debit was taken for the last bill).

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

You don't get refunds automatically I'm afraid, you have to request them via My Account. 

If you would like the support team here to look into this for you it will help if you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number as was are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond. Bear in mind that they won't be back online until Monday.

0 Likes