Did you mean: 
Need help?

Refund problems

ANSWERED
7 REPLIES
Highlighted
Falkie
Team Player

I recently had to change providers as TT told me fibre (FTTP) was impossible to install despite assuring them that an Openreach guy was outside my rural house installing fibre on the poles a year ago. Anyway, despite many calls to TT which always resulted in the same negative message I called BT, switched to BT and got 50 mbps fibre. All good. BUT, TT now tell me I have a refund on my account which is now closed of course. Click the refund button but.....nothing happens. OK, it's only £10.56 but they should cough up !!

I should add that I was with TT for many years and had a very good service. It was such a pity that they seemed to not wish or be unable to handle the infratsructure improvements. It seems that Openreach will only deal with BT or am I being a bit suspicious ?

Can anyone assist ?

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Falkie

When you click the purple Claim a Refund button do you get to the refund request screen to request either a refund direct to your bank or payment by cheque. And then click the Request a Refund button?

What happens then is the request is actioned by the back office team within 10 days and the subsequent transaction is recorded in transaction history.

On the question of FTTP.  TalkTalk do not currently resell Openreach FTTP products.  TalkTalk have rolled out their own FTTP to the City of York and plan 30 more locations. But I do hope that at some time TalkTalk will resell Openreach FTTP to offer more choice of provider to households where Openreach have installed full-fibre infrastructure.  You'll have noted how expensive the non-offer prices are on the retail FTTP product.

Openreach do offer services to Communications Providers equally, whether that's TalkTalk, Plusnet, BT Retail or Vodafone, for example.

Gondola - Taking a little break *
Falkie
Team Player

Hi Gondola Many thanks for your quick response - much appreciated. When I click the claim a refund button, nothing happens. The button is inactive (hover over the button and it shows it as disabled) and I guess the reason is because I have now closed my TT account. End result is that I can't progress further than that.

On the price of FTTP - it actually ends up a few pence cheaper than the copper package I had with TT.

Thanks again...not the end of the world, but just one of those "loops" or "catch 22" situations. Cheers

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Falkie

Your MyAccount should remain active for a full 12 months but I've escalated this for TalkTalk OCE attention. The OCE will liaise with you about the refund.

The BT Retail offer price on FTTP for new customers is attractive isn't it.  And when TalkTalk and Vodafone and Sky aren't there to keep the long-term retail price competitive, well, you'll see the price rise from £29.99 a month currently to £52.49 plus any notified price rises (source BT website Superfast Unlimited fibre prices on 9 Jul 2018)

Gondola - Taking a little break *
Falkie
Team Player

Many thanks Gondola for that. As I said, it's not a huge problem - just a couple of beers or so, but thanks your help. Hopefully TT will take note of your comments re FTTP also !

Community Team
Solution

Hi Falkie

Because the Direct Debit has been cancelled the refund will have to be sent in a cheque,

I will arrange that to be sent in te next few days. 

Regards

Falkie
Team Player

Many thanks for your help - much appreciated !

Community Team