Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rejoining TalkTalk Fibre after a break ?

TonySlater
Conversation Starter
Message 9 of 9

I’m asking this question on behalf of a neighbour, who used to be with TalkTalk at his current address, but decided to leave because of working away and not requiring the service at home, he cancelled it.  I’m not sure how long ago that happened, but maybe a year or more ago.   The line has never been used since that time with any other provider etc, so I am just asking how does he go about getting his fibre broadband back and how much it will cost him to get it up and running again?   Is the line now owned by BT/TalkTalk or who, and will there be any unforeseen upfront charges from anyone. to get his connection up and running again after a break in the service of 12 months or more?  The service was ok before, so the line is good, but has the line gone back to BT, or how does it work?  The bottom line is, how much is it likely to cost him to get the service back, or are there hidden charges to get him up and running again?  Reconnection charges etc?  How much???

Thank you.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

ferguson
Community Star
Message 1 of 9

No worries, do keep us posted. 

0 Likes

TonySlater
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 9

Hi Ferguson,

Thanks very much for the reply. 

Tony

ferguson
Community Star
Message 3 of 9

No, what a strange question? It depends on the circumstances as has already been said. Mobile broadband is great, as long as you don't want to download much, use multiple devices, play games ... 

Call 0808 239 2281 and they will gladly explain everything. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Do they make it up as they go along then?

If its like that, he may as well go mobile broadband.......

Thanks anyway for the help

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 5 of 9

If there is a line already into the premises which has previously supported fibre then there should not be any extraordinary costs. As @Gliwmaeden2 says your neighbour will need to order, whether with TalkTalk or another provider, and ascertain for themselves. A call to TalkTalk sales should clarify all this. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 6 of 9

The costs vary deal by deal, @TonySlater, so sometimes joining costs are waived and sometimes not.

It is simply a matter of checking, offer by offer.

Pricing for packages here are for "out of minimum term" rolling monthly contract rather than a special offer.

One-off charges are "up to". It's impossible to say in the abstract.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-pricing/ta-p/2212258

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 7 of 9

Well if he’s joining as a new customer, what costs are involved?  That’s what I want to know.     The line was with TalkTalk before, so what are the costs to get reconnected?  I need some figures......

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

He'll be joining as a new customer, and subject to all the conditions that go with whatever deal he takes up.

Just look at the offers out there, including Talktalk's own, not only 3rd party websites.

Probably won't have the same landline number as before etc.

Will have to be reconnected etc, @TonySlater.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes