Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal due but Talktalk's contracts wording worthless

Nigel A
Team Player
Message 10 of 10

2nd attempt to post this as a new topic (as suggested by admin)

My "not actually fixed" contract is up shortly, while I understand Offcon did a (back hand) deal to let the companies break their side of the contracts, I didn't realize the deal let them re-interpret the word "Free". my "Free" speed boost for 18 months has gone up by 49p. Would prefer to stay with talktalk, but am nervous as to what the contracts actually mean. Guaranteed no increases for 18 months obviously doesn't mean no increases for 18 months and free now doesn't actually mean "Free" So what does any new contract actually mean ? a new 18 month contract will go up in around 8 months with no option to get out, any parts of the package, whether "Free" / "part of package" / "included in" are seemingly subject to arbitrary price rises. Have had some email offers from talk talk, but they don't seem to be reflected when I go to my account.The problem is that all of the crooks, sorry providers, are just as bad with Ofcon the biggest crook off all.  

9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've just posted on your other topic in regards to the speed.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

UPDATE !!!!   My "contract " has obviously changed over,! Instead of my old superfast running at 70 Mbps I now have all new Fibre 65 (+whatever) running at errr 35 Mbps ?????   

Is 35 Mpbs the new 65 Mpbs ? I guess I will have to study Talktalks "contract" to find out what bit says they don't actually  have to provide the "contracted" service, with of course Ofcons pat on the back, I really am loosing the will power...........

Message 3 of 10

So Working under the theory that all the service providers are little more than crooks, I have renewed my Taltalk contract, Contract ? this refers to the terms and conditions, which blatantly state -  "These terms and conditions replace all previous versions and were updated on 1 March 2021 and any updates will apply from this date." Seriously ? Ofcon allow you to rewrite the "Contract after I have signed up to it !

Anyway I now have Fibre 65 Fixed Price Plus which, going by what I have in writing, probably means not a lot. I await my first bill to find out what I have, how much, when it starts, and what increases (I have already paid in advance) on my old contract.

To be fair, I must say that all the Talktalk employees I have been in contact with, have been very friendly, polite, and as helpful as they can be, under the constraints of Talktalk.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Yes checking back you are correct, my contract ends on the 11th. June but you bill to the 14th. hmmm. Oddly enough 0.49p was what you charged me for the discrepancy coming into the contract ! Its coppers and not worth worrying about, but you can understand why I ( and most of your customers) don't trust Talktalk and their contracts. Shame is that none of the other companies running under Ofcon's protection are actually any better.

Message 5 of 10

Apologies, My mistake was referring to your speed boost, The discount ends on the 11th but your bill is upto the 14th.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Oh wow ! and I didn't even know that I had Sky sports !........Errr, hang on a minute  in fact I don't actually have Sky sports !!  So I am being charged and increase on a service I don't even have ! You surely can understand why I am nervous about renewing a contract where you invent charges and clauses out of thin air ! I also notice you offer Fiber 65 on Compare the market for £25 for 18 month averaging £25 for 18 months, but hang on , if you increase the price next April by around 5.7% how do you work the "Average £25" out ? For £25 fixed for the 18 month I could be tempted, but even if I got that in writing, would it be worth anything ?

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 10

Hi @Nigel A

Thanks for your post

Your Sky sports discount ends on 11th June, but your bill is upto the 14th so you have been charged for the remaining time after the 11th to the 14th. 

I would suggest calling our Customer Loyalty Team during Business hours (Monday to Saturday 10:00am to 18:00pm) on 03451720046 and discuss a renewal of any discounts. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

@Nigel A  I do not understand why a free Boost would increase in price, has the discount perhaps in fact expired?

If you would like the support team here to look into this for you it will help if you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

0 Likes

I8this
Philosopher
Message 9 of 10

@Nigel A  OFCOM is a toothless watchdog, it is funded by most of the ISP,s so it is those ISP,s that are calling the shots re contract changes.

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile. The Forum Guidelines apply to ALL members there are/should be, NO exceptions. If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all. Now a wizard.