Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return of equipment

JN2again
Conversation Starter
Message 7 of 7

Hello, I recently left TalkTalk for another ISP  (from this Monday, 30-7-18) and i am not sure wether i need to return the equipment that TalkTalk provided.

The equipment is the router & the YouView set top box (non-recordable type). My contract ended on 24/04/2018 & the equipment was provided on the 24/10/2016.

I would like to avoid any charges for non return,etc.....even though i suspect they are of little value.

Any comments welcomed.

Thank You.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Cuilest123
First Timer
Message 1 of 7

Hi

I am kinda late to this tread, but I have just cancelled my broadband only plan with Talktalk after having completed the 18-month contract. I don't understand why I have been asked to return the router when it seems everyone else is allowed to keep them.

Note that it is just a router and does not include any tv box.

Can someone advise, please? Thanks!

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

@JoRockie If you start your own topic the support team can check whether or not you need to send any equipment back. 

JoRockie
Chatterbox
Message 3 of 7

Hi!  I'm not sure if this is the right approach, but I've just left TalkTalk and presume that my TV box and router will have to be returned, although nothing has been said to me so far.  I'd rather just get things sorted out  -  can someone arrange for the necessary bag etc to be sent to me, please?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Your previous post was removed for some reason, I have reinstated it above. You will see that OCE Arne has said that you can keep the router, but he sent you the returns bag for the YouView box.

0 Likes

JN2again
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 7

Hello, i posted a query recently regarding return of equipment but it seems to have vanished.

I left TalkTalk on 30/07/18, (my contract ended on 24/04/2018).  

I went onto "Live chat" for information on wether i need to return the TalkTalk router & the YouView box (non recordable type).....i was informed that, as my services were now disconnected, i do not need to return the equipment.  To quote,,,,,,,,

"S'bahle
 at 12:00, Aug 4:
You need not return your equipment as your services are disconnected.
Judith
 at 1:00, Jul 4:
Thank you very much for confirming this. appreciated.
S'bahle
 at 12:01, Aug 4:
You are welcome.
S'bahle
 at 12:01, Aug 4:"

This morning i received a bag from TalkTalk to return the equipment in.  As i want to avoid a charge can anyone please confirm wether i need to return the equipment or not?

Thank you.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 7

Hi JN2again

You shouldn't get charged, I will send out a returns bag and you can send back the YouView box, we dont need the router. 

Regards

0 Likes