cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

Sent wrong TV Box, can an OCE member of staff help please

ANSWERED
45 REPLIES
Hammertime
Wise Owl

I was wondering if anyone can bring this to the attention of @OCE staff as I guess it is them that would need to deal with this.

When I was making my new order several weeks ago for the 76Mbps Fibre broadband package boost, plus the unlimited phone boost 24/7 to uk landlines and mobiles and also the tv box, I told the lady on the phone at first (sure her name was Tanya I think) I said I didn't really want the tv box (I kept thinking to myself there was going to be some kind of money catch with it and it would cost me extra or something plus I don't watch a whole lot of tv either) , so I was kind of thinking do I take it or not at the time, then I remembered the terrestrial tv aerial channel part of my tv is only standard definition and these boxes are HD, so that got me thinking more at that point.

So the Lady was going on and on about this box saying it does this and does that and is HD and it was totally free and free delivery etc, so I clearly remember saying to her plus I have my notes here infront of me from that call, I said, "Does it Record", she said no, I then said oh just forget it then, I said that I thought it would have at least recorded, she said no it pauses and rewinds, and I said I understand but don't you have ones that record ?

She said yes we do, I said well could I please have one of those for fully free and free postage etc and we will seal the deal, she said hold on, she went away and came back, I suspect she was talking to her superior, she said very very clearly, ok, I will arrange for you to have the recording box for free, no delivery or anything, free of charge.

We sealed the deal on that note once we double checked the prices mentioned etc.

Then it was only a few days ago that I actually plugged the tv box in for the first time, and today 8th Feb 2017 was the first time I pressed the record button and it came up on the screen and said something like "your box does not have this function" and I instantly thought to myself what a bloomin total Liar of a person to lie about a stupid box.

So this is now something else I am very unhappy about as I have it in my notes, she definitely said she would arrange for a totally free of charge box that records and then now I find that was a total Lie.

I mean, how many more lies can talktalk tell ? goodness me, I am flabbergasted at things like this and if they are doing it to me then they will be doing it to numerous other people too, it's totally wrong and unfair.

Can an @OCE member of staff or a high ranked member of the forum please bring this to the attention of the OCE staff for me please ?

Their phonecalls are all recorded so this should be instantly able to be sorted out I would imagine.

Thank you all for any help you can give, thanks.

Router TalkTalk HG635 - Firmware v1.06t on Large speed boost 76/20- unlimited phone boost - TalkTalk YouView Plus Tv Box Model DN372T
ferguson
Community Star

Hi @Hammertime, first of all I am moving this to the Billing section of the forums for you, becuase it isn't really a TalkTalk TV related issue as such, more to do with your contract renewal. Second, I have flagged this up to the OCE for you, but your best bet really is to get back to the customer loyalty team and/or whoever you agreed the deal with. In fairness you would have done better to check the equipment at the time rather than waiting for "several weeks" as you put it, it may not be a question of lying, merely a mix up.

Hammertime
Wise Owl

ferguson wrote:

Hi @Hammertime, first of all I am moving this to the Billing section of the forums for you, becuase it isn't really a TalkTalk TV related issue as such, more to do with your contract renewal. Second, I have flagged this up to the OCE for you, but your best bet really is to get back to the customer loyalty team and/or whoever you agreed the deal with. In fairness you would have done better to check the equipment at the time rather than waiting for "several weeks" as you put it, it may not be a question of lying, merely a mix up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok I see you have done that for me and moved it here to the billing section which is fine, now I will wait on the @OCE member of staff to get back to me on this like you said, is it the usual 24/48rs @ferguson in this part of the forum, yes ?

p.s, and I did wait several weeks as I have a Satellite box connected to my tv too so there really was no rush with the Taltalk tv box, that is why it has taken me until now to check it, that's the god's honest truth, I go as far as to say I swear on my mothers grave I am being 100% truthfully with regards to this tv box and the recording side of things etc like I explained in my first post of the thread here, I have no need to tell lies about a box like this and what I said happened during the order is also the gospel truth too, I never lie for nothing, especially silly stuff like this.

Router TalkTalk HG635 - Firmware v1.06t on Large speed boost 76/20- unlimited phone boost - TalkTalk YouView Plus Tv Box Model DN372T
ferguson
Community Star

Unless you keep bumping like you usually do.  :smileyvery-happy:

P.S. My reference to the time you took was a practical one, that is why Distance Selling Regulations etc. give you the opportunity to check goods and services and a cooling off and returns period. Your best recourse really was in the time from when you took out the deal and immediately after when you had that cancellation period, not several weeks later. Nothing to do with your veracity, just your timing.

Community Team

Hi Hammertime

Sorry that you are unhappy. 

I have requested a Recordable box to be sent out, and a returns bag for the other box, you will need to return it, or a charge will be applied. 

Should be with you in a few days. 

Regards

Hammertime
Wise Owl

OCE_Arne wrote:

Hi Hammertime 

I have requested a Recordable box to be sent out, and a returns bag for the other box, you will need to return it, or a charge will be applied.  

Regards

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks @OCE_Arne, I appreciate that very much :smileyhappy:, that is what I call great, very pleasant, nice, excellent quick customer service or support, thank you :smileyhappy:.

@OCE_Arne, Can you also please confirm that when I send my returned non-recording box back I will still not be charged any money at all to have or use the box or the recording feature of the new box that can obviously record please ? ??

(I don't mean to purchase a movie etc, I just mean in general usage terms like watching and recording all the normal free TV channels etc).

I just hope its exactly the same size of TV box as the non-recording one I have just now so that I can put the old one in the new box to return, is that Ok ?  I think I am sure to say that I chucked out the cardboard box that the original one came in straight away as I hate empty boxes laying around, is it just the actual youview TV Box they need back or all the cables etc too please ??? (its a real pain in the neck trying to get into where they are all fitted and hidden away from sight, I am sure you know what I mean).

ferguson
Community Star

So, you got the wrong device, which you decided not to use for several weeks and only belatedly discovered it to be so. But you nevertheless chucked away all the packaging, accessories etc?

Hammertime
Wise Owl

ferguson wrote:

So, you got the wrong device, which you decided not to use for several weeks and only belatedly discovered it to be so. But you nevertheless chucked away all the packaging, accessories etc?

I didn't say I chucked the cables etc away for goodness sake !, read my post @ferguson, I said I only started to even try the box out several days ago, and yesterday was first I tried the record function only to find out it didn't work and says on screen that the box does not have this feature or something like that and that is when I realised I had been sent the wrong box, but anyway, what's the big deal, @OCE_Arne has sorted it out and a recording one is on its way, you should be happy for me as I am now happy.

p.s, I chucked the cardboard box out I said, please get your facts correct, thank you.

ferguson
Community Star

I was happy for you until you started making an issue out of packing up the old box and sending it back, what's the matter with you?

P.S. You chucked the cardboard box out before even checking or testing the device, who even does that?

ferguson
Community Star

Oh, they are not the same size either, you should try using the help/search functions from time to time.  http://help2.talktalk.co.uk/guided-assist/about-my-tv-box/

Hammertime
Wise Owl

ferguson wrote:

I was happy for you until you started making an issue out of packing up the old box and sending it back, what's the matter with you?

what are you talking about ? I am not making any issue, I simply asked a question, stop harrasing me or I will report you.

ferguson
Community Star
Hammertime
Wise Owl

ferguson wrote:

Oh, they are not the same size either, you should try using the help/search functions from time to time.  http://help2.talktalk.co.uk/guided-assist/about-my-tv-box/

Good to know, I will make the smaller tv freeview box fit in the box the new recording one comes in so that I can return it, big deal, sheeesh, talk about picking on silly things, wow, (my opinion).

Hammertime
Wise Owl

@ferguson, can I ask you, are you finished chatting in my thread now please ? That's all I want to know ?

ferguson
Community Star

@Hammertime I wasn't chatting, if you recall. And it's not your your thread. Don't be so rude. But I will never help nor intervene again.

Hammertime
Wise Owl

OCE_Arne wrote:

Hi Hammertime 

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks  @OCE_Arne, I appreciate that very much :smileyhappy: that is what I call great, very pleasant, nice, excellent quick customer service/support, thank you :smileyhappy:

@OCE_Arne, Can you also please confirm that when I send my returned non-recording TV box back I will still not be charged any money at all to have or use the box or the recording feature of the new box that can obviously record please ? ??

(I don't mean to purchase a movie etc, I just mean in general usage terms like watching and recording all the normal free TV channels etc).

Is it ok just to return the non-recording tv box I have just now and use the carboard box that the new one comes in to return it back ? is that Ok @OCE_Arne ?

I am pretty sure to say that I chucked out the cardboard box that this original one came in straight away as soon as it was connected up etc, I hate empty boxes lying around, is it just the actual youview TV Box they need back or all the cables etc too please ??? (its a real pain in the neck trying to get into where they are all fitted and hidden away from sight, I am sure you know what I mean, but if I have to change all the cables and power supply over too then so be it).

Community Team

HI 

If you return the other box, then you wont be charged, I have ordered a pre paid TV returns bag for it.

We don't need the actual box it came in, the wires are all the same, as long at we receive the box it will be fine

Regards

KeithFrench
Community Star

Hi @StephenF

This customer @Hammertime is trying to reply to @OCE_Arne, but does not have a "Reply" button available to him, only the "Best Answer" button, despite being logged in OK to the Community. I get a "Reply" button myself.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Hammertime
Wise Owl

OCE_Arne wrote:

Hi Hammertime

Regards

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@OCE_Arne, I have been down to the post office delivery depot again today (15th Feb 2017) like I do nearly every other day and there is still no Box there for me yet, do you have any Idea of a timescale on this please ?

Hammertime
Wise Owl

Bump