Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Sent wrong TV Box, can an OCE member of staff help please

TalkTalk Team

Hi Hammertime

Sorry for the delay. 

Ive checked the order for the Box, and sadly the order has been cancelled, Im looking into why, but i suspect that its down to our system detecting that a standard box is already attached to your account. 

Hammertime
Wizz Kid

OCE_Arne wrote:

Hi Hammertime 

Sorry for the delay.  

Ive checked the order for the Box, and sadly the order has been cancelled, Im looking into why, but i suspect that its down to our system detecting that a standard box is already attached to your account. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@OCE_Arne, I spoke in web chat to talktalk on Tuesday evening as you can see (See the two screenshot photos).

You will clearly see that they confirmed the box was ordered and I should have it by now but I have't Smiley Sad

This is just a couple of snips of the entire webchat but I can show you the whole thing if you like ? 

webchat 1webchat 1 webchat 2webchat 2 webchat 2webchat 2

P.S, please note the operators name I was speaking to in the screenshot, it says "Roxanne", that is correct as half way through the webchat I had to speak with tech support regarding another matter and it was then I started speaking with Roxanne, but the name "Devendhri" is the person I was speaking to with regards to the tv box as you can see.

Also, you will see in the photo called webchat 2, I had to obviously edit my name out of it for security reasons etc, I am sure you understand.

HG633 not a 'Superouter' on Firmware version v1.15t - Fibre fast boost 76~80Mb dragging at low speeds of 5Mbps on wired ethernet connection Smiley Sad
Hammertime
Wizz Kid

Bump

HG633 not a 'Superouter' on Firmware version v1.15t - Fibre fast boost 76~80Mb dragging at low speeds of 5Mbps on wired ethernet connection Smiley Sad
TalkTalk Team

Hi 

There was another order placed yesterday, but again that order is showing as cancelled. 

I can see that you have an open complaint, I will update this complaint and maybe the complaint manager can force through the order as Any order  myself or customer services place is cancelled within 24 hours by the warehouse. 

Hammertime
Wizz Kid

OCE_Arne wrote:

Hi  

There was another order placed yesterday, but again that order is showing as cancelled.  

I can see that you have an open complaint, I will update this complaint and maybe the complaint manager can force through the order as Any order  myself or customer services place is cancelled within 24 hours by the warehouse. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Very much  @OCE_Arne, yes, please do your best to help me here as I am getting unfairly treated here and spinned round in circles by talktalk customer services on the phone, I am honestly on the very verge of doing everything and anything listed in the details of this website >>> http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/how-to-complain

That complaint has nothing at all to do with a recording TV box though, first I even noticed this non-recording box problem was 8th Feb 2017 when I tried to record something and the box says on screen it doesnt have this function, also this is the same day when I brought it to the attention of the community and yourself @OCE_Arne .

The complaint you are talking about is actually to do with a Router, nothing at all to do with me getting the correct Recording tv box sent to me which should have been the model that Records that was promised when I upgraded my package, that should have been the Recording TV box I had sent to me from the start as that was the one that was promised to me by the woman that sold me the package on the phone but that isn't what was sent as you know. (see page one of the thread for more details).

Your help is very much appreciated  @OCE_Arne

Hammertime
Wizz Kid

Bump

Hammertime
Wizz Kid

Update 17th Feb 2017:

Its saying now in my email Tonight at 19:48pm a 'TalkTalk TV Plus Box' has been ordered, this is most likely because I spoke to a Manager earlier tonight (have noted his full name for Reference) , we spoke on the phone and he fully authorised this and gave his backing to say he was sorry what has happened from the start and now I should have the correct new recording tv box come early next week, I have a ref number too he gave me for this which I will keep noted just in case.

OCE_Arne , please see my photo attachment that shows the order, so fingers crossed this all goes fine now, I hope.

Can you please keep a close eye on it though  @OCE_Arne, thank you very much.

I also very much hope this is entirely free of charge as again was the promise too by them ? can you double check that too please Arne as its the first time its showed in an email for me 17th feb 2017 account update17th feb 2017 account update

Hammertime
Wizz Kid

Bump

TalkTalk Team

Thanks for the updates,  

The order looks OK so far. 

Ill check in 24 hours. 

Hammertime
Wizz Kid

OCE_Arne wrote:

Thanks for the updates,   

The order looks OK so far.  

Ill check in 24 hours. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks  @OCE_Arne, yes please do that thanks Smiley Happy 

Also Arne my friend, can you please get this confirmed for 

me 100%, I was told on the phone that this box is totally 

FREE to have and use and the recording function too,

unless of course I was to purchase a movie or something 

which I wont be doing ?

Also, last question, is there really any advantage to the 

recording boxes over the standard box apart from the fact 

it records ? If so, please tell, thanks  @OCE_Arne.

Hammertime
Wizz Kid

Bump

Hammertime
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Arne, got the box tonight thanks, its bigger than the other one so I assume its the recording one as I was told the recording one was a larger size which is fine.

I haven't tested it yet though as it means a lot of messing around bending under tables and things to access the cables, plus, if you don't mind Arne, I would still like it fully confirmed that, can you please get this confirmed for me 100%, I was told on the phone by the manager when he authorised this that this box is totally FREE (for me, not everyone) to have and use and the recording function too, unless of course I was to purchase a movie or something which I wont be doing, is this 100% correct, yes ?

Also, last question, is there really any advantage to the 

recording boxes over the standard box apart from the fact 

it records ? If so, please tell, thanks  @OCE_Arne.

Hammertime
Wizz Kid

Bump

TalkTalk Team

Hi 

Ii can confirm that the equipment is free.  

The 2 boxes operate exactly the same, the only difference is the recording facility. 

Regards