Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service charge

GerryHarwood
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Why have I been given a service charge of £60 for renewing and updating my Talktalk contract?

I spoke with an Agent on Monday 26 July and accepted a deal which costs £32 a month.  He did not mention a service fee but when I received the Confirmation email it was stated at the bottom of the page.  I am a Pensioner and this extra charge is outrageous to say the least as I have been a Talktalk customer for at least 10 years.  

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

SocialTeamJo
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi GerryHarwood,

Sorry for the delay.

Does a welcome credit show on the confirmation email?

Thanks, 

Jo

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Check the one-off charges listed under their prices, here, @GerryHarwood:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-pricing/ta-p/2212258

If you were renewing ahead of the last 90 days of your contract, there is usually a charge, but it is very bad practice if they didn't notify you of this when you were setting it up. 

The jargon of "service fee" is not standard practice  - you'll see that it doesn't really match anything listed there. They should at least strive to match their own defined categories,  as well as let you know at the time!

Staff will pick up your thread later in the week. Please look out for their reply. 

For staff to identify your account, please add your Talktalk landline number to your community forum profile details. Go via your avatar/name; settings; Launch Profile Wizard. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes