Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service terminated - Still being billed

Scrumps
Popular Poster
Message 13 of 13

My father is in hospital having had a course of radiotherapy and suffering severe side effects. I'm not allowed to visit due to CV19 restrictions however I'm trying to sort out an issue with a terminated account.  He left TT for another ISP but retained an e-mail address whilst "away". Having returned on a Fibre 35 service in September, the e-mail address was linked to the new account and when he suddenly received a paper bill (He had been on e-billing before) for the e-mail account in October, we jumped through all the hoops on chat and on the phone to terminate the e-mail account and stop the bills. in November he was billed again. Again , we jumped through hoops and made sure everything was terminated - even ensuring that he Accounts Agent confirmed the facts on the recorded call. This week he has AGAIN been billed. I'm not a "Nominated user" on the terminated account so no-one can help. The bill is about to go overdue - I can't get father to "nominate me" - the bill is for a terminated service and shouldn't even exist. I have also raised a complaint about the entire debacle and despite stating we wanted e-mail communications I've had 11 2hr slots to be contacted passed to me by SMS message - non of which have resulted in a call. I've lost 14hrs of my time on chat or the phone trying to fix this - I've stayed at home (With all the details of the issues) for 22hrs for the complaint with no contact. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!

12 REPLIES 12

ferguson
Community Star
Message 1 of 13

Sorry to see this, I have re-escalated it for you, Arne will pick it up as soon as he can next week. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Arne - this is now getting beyond a joke!!  Dad has, this morning , received ANOTHER monthly bill.

Please let me know what is happening about this issue.

Scrumps

Message 3 of 13

Hi Arne,

Any update?  I've PM'd you. If this isn't sorted ASAP I reckon Dad will be getting another (Unwanted) bill early next week!!!!

Scrumps

Message 4 of 13

Hi Scrumps

Sorry Im chasing this up today, i suspect the billing system in the backend hasnt cancelled the old account. 

Will let you know as soon as I get a reply. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 5 of 13

I'll re-escalate this thread for you, @Scrumps. Then please wait for a reply from TT staff. Posting again can slow things up in the workflow.

Hopefully you'll get some clarification about it before Christmas.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 6 of 13

Arne - No update for nearly a week - Please advise 😢

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi Arne. Yes the e-mail address on my profile is Dad’s and was linked to his new Fibre 35 contract in October when support chat told me what & how to do it. That then allowed the old hosting account to be terminated….which is the problem we are having. We have been assured we would get no more bills (Support chat recording with “Amilee in accounts @ 1330 on 9th November.). Scrumps

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Happy to help, is the email address that was being charged the one in your profile, if not.. please include it in the private notes section.

0 Likes

Scrumps
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 13

Thanks Arne. You’ve made me feel better about this more than all the time on chat & the phone. I hope you can sort this out, once & for all.  Scrumps

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Hi Scrumps

I will clear the charge currently showing and investigate why the charge was generated in the first place

Will let you know what I find. 

0 Likes

Scrumps
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 13

Arne - Profile notes updated as requested.  Be advised - the latest (unwanted) bill becomes "overdue" tomorrow with the threat of additional charges !!!!!

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 12 of 13

Hi Scrumps

Can you add either your fathers account number or landline number to the private notes section of your community profile and I can have a look into this. 

Thank you. 

0 Likes