Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sign-up process needs to inform customers better when they want to transfer

ThysAarts
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Currently, the sign-up process doesn't ask any information on the current landline a customer may have, but apparently this information seems to be important to process a transfer or line take over. I recently wanted to transfer from Sky to TalkTalk and the sign-up process mentions: 'Switching to TalkTalk is simple. Just choose the broadband plan you want and we do the rest. Your current service will be cancelled as soon as your TalkTalk service starts so there’ll be no gap in service, no overlap and you won’t be double-charged. Your previous provider will credit you for any unused line rental.'

However, after talking to customer service for two hours, I learned that they would only contact Sky if I asked them to cancel on my behalf and for that to happen, they told me, I should have contacted TalkTalk directly instead of using the online form. Obviously, that text doesn't state this at all and it seems to suggest TalkTalk will take care of everything when in fact, TalkTalk will not do a single thing unless you ask them to. 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

hosay299
Philosopher
Message 1 of 7

@Gliwmaeden2 thanks for reconfirming what this area is for and best way seems some people see it in banner at top of the site and think this is help side

Hope that help Regards Joe
If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 7

@ThysAarts if you have used other channels to reach Talktalk, yes, you'll have cleared ID each time.

If you do need help through this forum, staff cannot identify you without the profile details being completed. Staff on here work in the UK and can take more time to follow up with customers through the threads in the help sections. 

They don't generally address issues posted in the ideas section. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

ThysAarts
First Timer
Message 3 of 7

I have already had contact with TalkTalk separately. This forum is to suggest improvements to the system and this post is not a way for me to get in touch with TalkTalk. If they wanted to help me, they should have already when I contacted them and they have all my information already. 

0 Likes

hosay299
Philosopher
Message 4 of 7

@ThysAarts To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:- Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

as the staff can not help with out looking at ur account and see what is on there as they should log contact u have had on there remember to click save

do not post personal info on here as open to the public

0 Likes

ThysAarts
First Timer
Message 5 of 7

I am sure they told me the wrong things. The website clearly states that TalkTalk should have contacted Sky and cancel the subscription. It seems like the customer care professionals I was dealing with today aren't up to date with the latest process and information. Their questions did not make sense and the information they have given me about the sign up process do not match the reality and what is on the website. But that doesn't change the fact that the website needs to be update with more accurate information on what customers are expected to do. And also, internally these Indian customer care professionals should be trained on a regular basis with the latest processes. 

0 Likes

hosay299
Philosopher
Message 6 of 7

@ThysAarts think they have told u wrong await a reply from staff next week on ur other topic u havehttps://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Billing/Contact-your-current-provider-yourself-when-you-want-to-...

only other isp that would be a issue is virgin media as have a different network 

A bite of info of Forum:
The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time,(excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays).  The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:- Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

please do not post any personal info on here as full public 

0 Likes