Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sneaky New Charge

guy500
First Timer
Message 9 of 9

I recently switched to another provider, but before the switch took effect, TalkTalk contacted me to offer me a better deal than I was switching to, with a lower rental amount and a bill credit. 

I accepted, but then received a letter telling me I would have to pay £30 as a "Transfer Handling Fee".  There are 2 issues with this:

1 - I was never told about this once during any of the conversations or in any correspondence about the new offer

2 - There was no Transfer at all (I ended up staying with TalkTalk), so it's a fee for something that never happened.

I seem to be unable to take this up with TalkTalk, as I can't find an option to contact them online.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

G. Shahar
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi guy500

The transfer fee which is for changing contract, will not be charged, the agent in loyalty/retentions team has ensured that it will be cleared. 

Sorry for any confusion. 

Message 2 of 9

@guy500 the staff will reply on here they do not call u. please wait for a reply now could be tue/weds 

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

Hope that help Regards Joe
If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Done (left home phone number, as no option for account number.  Please use mobile number for contact, as there's no phone attached to the landline)

G. Shahar
0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi @guy500

Thanks for your post.

If you would like us to look into this, please can you update your community profile to include your home telephone number, or account number (we cant see an account with a mobile number) we will then be able to have a look at your  account.

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

It can take a few days to get a reply in Billing, @guy500.

If you don't hear back on Friday, I am afraid it will be after the weekend. 

It's best not to post further before getting a response from staff - each post delays the progress of your thread in the workflow for staff attention. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 6 of 9

I've not heard anything - is there any news?

G. Shahar
0 Likes

Message 7 of 9
Yes, please. I've clicked the link and added my phone number and email.
G. Shahar
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

If you would like the support team here to look into this for you it will help if you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

0 Likes