Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So angry with TT

FedupCarl
Chatterbox
Message 13 of 13

My mother passed away in November 2021. I am now responsible for the property and any on going accounts. I informed TT of the death December 27 2021. Had an hour conversation over this matter. They wanted £38 at the time but i couldn't afford it so we agreed to wait until my mums estate had been transfered into my name. So, when her monies were in my bank account i phoned TT the last week of January 2022 to transfer the account into my name. All seemed ok during my call with the adviser. Moving forward changes would be made to the plan i wanted. I needed wifi access only. Nothing more (for the Hive app regarding central heating.) He said TT will be in contact within 10 days via email and telephone call to finalise my account and pay off the outstanding balance.

In February i suffered from watching my mum die of cancer and was taking medication for depression, anxiety and stress related headaches so the TT account was not a priority. It could wait. But it did wait because no phonecall or email was sent to me as stated.  When i phoned TT on March 30 to get the account properly in my name and settle the bill i was told the account hadn't been verified and ownership was still in my mothers name. We had a exchange of views which i  kept referring back  to me 'i have told TT twice my mother has died and why are you not listening to me?' 'This is not my problem, this is TT not listening?'

On March 30, i sort to make a formal complaint. Everytime i spoke to someone to make my feelings heard i was met with the brick wall of inactivity. Everything was your account has not been verified. Eventually i had to go through the process of informing TT of the death of my mother, which i am trying to forget, placing the account into my name. 90 minutes later i settled the outstanding balance at £176 even though i was quoted £197. £197 included unlimited calls, broadband and TTTV over the last 3 months. I disputed the fact mum had died and the property was empty and had told TT twice i needed wifi access only. A minor victory. I settled on £32 a month for broadband/wifi access only.

Image my mood when on April 3 i had an email confirming i owed TT £49.92. I informed my bank to cancel the payment. Again, when i spoke to the right person on April 5, she said that was for unlimited calls, broadband and TTTV. I got shirty with her as 4 days prior i told her colleague i needed wifi access only 27 times. 

Now i am trying to terminate the TT account and getting absolutely nowhere. Contacted them April 7 and had no joy. Contacted them April 11 and had no joy. I am now waiting for a TT manager to phone me to explain why i am not paying £75 for a contract termination fee even though i am well inside the 20 days for the 'cooling off time'. 

Make it stop. Please.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi FedupCarl

Thanks for your post

I can look into this but first, can you please update your community profile to include:

Name

Telephone number or account number.

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 2 of 13

I'm not sure how to respond to that? Have you checked the itemised bill?

0 Likes

FedupCarl
Chatterbox
Message 3 of 13

I asked my girlfriend to go on TT website and get a quote for broadband only. £23.50.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 4 of 13

What does the itemised bill say you are paying for each individual service?

0 Likes

FedupCarl
Chatterbox
Message 5 of 13

Hi. I'm back moaning about TT again. I need to pay this months bill, £29.50, by May 9. Thought i would log into My TT to see what i'm paying for. The stated fee is for tv, broadband and calls. So, more fustration awaits in the morning bright and early 9am. 

What can i do to make TT understand i need broadband for the wifi only?

0 Likes

FedupCarl
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 13

Finally, i am free. After 4 phonecalls and one webchat my request to end the TT contract was granted this morning:)

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hi FedupCarl

Sorry to read of your loss and the problems you have had. 

As ferguson has mentioned can you add the relevant account details to your community profile and I can start to look into this for you

Regards.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 9 of 13

OK, so what you need to do is add your own details in the first part of the profile. And then if you scroll down you will find a Private notes section. In there put your late mother's name, address and TalkTalk phone number. Rest assured that these details are only accessible by yourself and the TalkTalk team. 

0 Likes

FedupCarl
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 13

However TT will happily accept the last 4 digits of my bank account number. Very contradictory.

0 Likes

FedupCarl
Chatterbox
Message 11 of 13

Thank you for your reply ferguson. 

This is the crux of the matter. I cannot make them understand it is 2 different properties. My home landline number and the property i'm in charge of/paying for are different. The TT breavement team are of no help what so ever.

On the security questions when i phone up, i refuse to give out my 10 digit mobile phone number because of my security fears (anyone could be listening in) so i give the last 4 numbers. It's a battle to make the operator understand this. An hour ago, because i wouldn't play ball with her she hung up.  Christ. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

So sorry to read this. If you would like the support team here to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

0 Likes