Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still not live

clouise44
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 8

Hi,

My going live date was supposed to be on the 11th. My appointment was between 8-1. After a few rude and angry phone calls from the engineer (his van had broken down and he was upset that it wasn’t an easy job) he finally arrive at around 12.45. It took him a few hours to set up a phone line and then he announced that there was a fault with the telephone pole and said he’d logged it and would probably be called back later that day to fix it and my internet should be up the next day. However the next day i wasn’t live and received a few txt messages the following days saying that they were working hard in the background and it should be any time soon. 

I then received an out of the blue visit from another engineer on tuesday (6days later) and he said it had been fitted wrong and that everything was fixed and i would be live in about 1hour-24hrs. The next day i still wasn’t live so spoke to an agent on the live chat and they said they had escalated my turn on and to wait another 24 hrs. I waited two more days and then spoke to someone yesterday who said the extract same thing. My internet is still not live. 

Now the contract with my old company has run out and i’m left with no internet. 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi

I've logged this out to BT Openreach for a Non Appointed engineer - Non appointed means the engineer will be dispatched to look at the line without requiring an appointment be made with you to visit your property.  

Thanks

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

My speed that i’m paying for is 65, the guaranteed speed they said would be 41 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi @clouise44

What was your predicted speed?  

Try and power down the router for 30 mins to refresh the session, also ensure that the router is at the master socket. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi, 

Yes my internet finally went live yesterday. However i’m still barely reaching speeds of 3mbps

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8
0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

I will do thankyou! 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

So sorry to hear this, @clouise44.

Staff will reply during the week. It will be really helpful if you can put your details into your community forum profile area for staff to identify your account when they reach your thread. 

Please go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.