Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still not received Amazon Vouchers

Message 11 of 11

I know this has been posted hundreds of times but TalkTalk still haven't fixed it so new customers are still having the same issue. TT mods recommend makin a new thread for each issue: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Gift-Voucher-Not-Received/td-p/2281603

I bought my Faster Fibre Broadband in October 2020 and was given an email to contact a company called Giftsense to chase up my Amazon voucher,

I did, and the link in the email took me to a form that I filled out and hit submit. They said they would contact me back.

They just replied that "Unfortunately we are not the suppliers of this offer"

That was 5 months ago. I expected to get it within 90 days and recently remembered this issue, checked my email, and I've still had nothing.

All I found instead is new of a price hike? I joined on a FIXED price contract, on the proise that the price would be fixed. TalkTalk know how contract law works, right? The agreement states the price will remain fixed, and was signed as stated. Changing terms of a contact after signing is against the law. Otherwise I could demand, and receive, a £19,000,000 Amazon voucher for example. I'd like to know how TalkTalk are intending to wrangle this one in court if even one customer takes it to that level? Or are they just hoping nobody goes that far over an extra £24 a year.

Anyway back to the vouchers: I understand you need my account number and phone number. My account number is *removed*. Please use my MOBILE phone number (on my account page) if you need to call because the home phone doesn't exist: nobody uses a landline in 2021. Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

izzi123
Sightseer
Message 1 of 11

I have still not received mine, been waiting for almost a year (feb 21)

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 11

@emmparr20, you have posted on an old thread, and for this sort of issue you must start your own.

Please return to the message board and click on start a topic to begin your own thread.

Also, add your Talktalk landline number to your community forum profile details for TT staff to identify your account. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard. 

Staff reply Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

emmparr20
First Timer
Message 3 of 11

I signed up to talktalk mostly for the amazon voucher 6 months ago and have received nothing either. Disappointing to say the least 😞

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi @WantedVoucherGotPriceHike

The Voucher will be dispatched in the next few days

Please keep an eye on your spam/junk folder for an email from Giftcloud. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi WantedVoucherGotPriceHike

Sorry that you missed to price change notification it was sent you on the 1st March giving you the required 30 days notice. 

I will escalate the vocuher issue to the team responsible for sending them out.

I will let you know when they reply.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

@WantedVoucherGotPriceHike, as explained, that landline number is used for identifying your account only.

It doesn't matter whether you use it or not.

The 30 days notice period was something you needed to observe to avoid the £2.00 price hike. 

I'll re-escalate this thread for you, so that it gets picked up again  - probably in a couple of days or so. Hopefully the voucher issue can be sorted!

Please look out for a reply. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Hi, sorry I forgot about this until I noticed that indeed I am now being charged an extra £2 a month, and of course it seems I'm past the 30 days in which I'd leave.

So right now I've had no vouchers but I have had the price hike AND I can't leave. Not happy.

The comparison site was Money Saving Expert's Broadband comparison and it promised a £60 Amazon voucher for joining via their link, which I did. Obviously I never got the vouchers.

Without the vouchers, I'd have gone with cheaper and better providers, and in hindsight I obviously wish I had.

I've added my landline to my community profile page, but as I said before I don't even have a landline so I'm not sure what good it will do.

Cheers.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 11

Hi @WantedVoucherGotPriceHike

Can you give me more information please; 

What was the Amount ?

What comparison site was used.?

Also please update your community profile to include your landline number, please do not post it on the open community. 

Once I have this information I can chase this up for you. 

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 9 of 11

Re the shock change to the contract, @WantedVoucherGotPriceHike, they've invoked clause 16 of their Ts&Cs. 

They have also inserted the stuff about CPI plus 3.7% in clause 9.

They believe that they can retrospectively apply these changes to pre-existing contracts. The change to clause 9 was not showing first thing Monday morning this week. 

However clause 16 covers the need to change prices for business reasons, allowing those who wish to leave to give notice within 30 days.

The Ts&Cs can be accessed from the link at the foot of any TT page. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

I have removed your account number from public view for your own security. Millions of people still use their landlines daily, but we only need you to put yours in your community profile for identification purposes, not  so that anyone can call you.

I have also moved this topic to a more appropriate area.

0 Likes