Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to TalkTalk

BeccaL1
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Hi

I switched to TalkTalk back in August and in line with the information on the website I did not cancel my contract directly with my previous provider (Sky) as TalkTalk would be responsible for that. However I've recently noticed that I have still been charged by Sky. They have said that the account was still active and I would need to claim any money back from TalkTalk as they did not take over the line properly.

Please could you help as I have been paying for 2 services for several months?

Many thanks

Becca

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 1 of 6

There's rather a delay in this section of the forum at the moment,  but your thread is in the queue for attention, @BeccaL1.

Thanks for completing your details. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

BeccaL1
First Timer
Message 2 of 6

Thanks all, I have added my personal information to my profile as suggested so that someone from TalkTalk can look into it. I've now cancelled my contract with Sky.

Message 3 of 6

I see you have a reply from ferguson and you will get a TalkTalk response so I'll leave you in excellent hands. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 6

Switching broadband to TalkTalk that included switching your 'phone number from Sky to TalkTalk would have automatically notified Sky of the switch. 

Have you now cancelled your contract with Sky?

Prepare for TalkTalk Support by updating your Community  MY PROFILE

• Select your avatar top right, MY SETTINGS, Personal Information, and include:
  • Your name, current TalkTalk home 'phone number (unless taking a full-fibre non voice service). An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add your email address, full-fibre customer account number and notes etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

ferguson
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Did you ask TalkTalk to keep your existing number when switching from Sky?

If you would like the support team here to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.