Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Talk Talk cancelled my order!

4 REPLIES
Lexas57
First Timer
I decided to switch to Talk Talk because they were offering Plus TV, Broadband, Calls and Mobile for half price for 12 months and a £100 Love2Shop voucher, which was a great hook and one of the reasons I chose this particular package. This offer was only available for orders made online.
I went online and made my order and received confirmation that my service would start on 3rd June 2016.
A week later, I tried to track my order online, but it was only showing an order for the free Mobile SIM card. I decided to give Talk Talk a call on their 0345 number. They proceeded to tell me that the order had been cancelled. If I hadn't called Talk Talk, I would never have been aware of this. The agent I was speaking with proceeded to place another order. When I asked about the £100 voucher, she told me that I wasn't eligible for it because she had made the order for me and the voucher was only available to customer who made their order online! I contested this because I HAD made the order online and that TALK TALK had cancelled my order. I requested to speak to a manager and was put through to Adam. I quickly became frustrated with Adam as he continually made the same statement, word for word. It was like talking with a robot. He then said that the best he could do was offer me the service for half price for 12 months. BUT THIS IS WHAT I HAD ORDERED ONLINE, so where was the appeasement??
He kept telling me I couldn't have the voucher because they had made the order for me internally. I felt this was very unfair, as I had made the order online and it was Talk Talk that cancelled my order, so why should I miss out for a mistake made by them!
Adam then told me that I should place the order online and then I would get the £100 voucher. I pointed out to him that this was unacceptable because if I went and made the order online now, I would have to pay another £25 on top of what I had already paid for the order Talk Talk had cancelled. I felt I should be compensated for the cancellation of my order, the withdrawal of the voucher and the fact I had now been on the call, which I was paying for, for an hour and was no further ahead than when I first called! Adam then told me that other people have had their orders cancelled and hadn't asked to be compensated! I couldn't believe what I was hearing! Then to add fuel to the fire and increase my frustration, Adam passed me onto Customer Services! So, who had I been talking to for the last hour???
When I spoke with customer services, I was told again that there was nothing that Talk Talk could give me in return for my inconvenience, my order being cancelled or the fact that I was paying for a call that has now lasted for over an hour.
There was no way I was going to give my money every month to a company who treated customers like this. So, I requested for the new order that was just made over the phone to be cancelled and for my money to be refunded. The agent did nothing to change my mind and quickly put my refund request through the system.

At no point did anyone offer to call me back, even though they were aware of how long this whole thing was taking. And although an apology was made for the inconvenience, Talk Talk had not accepted responsibility for cancelling my order and of top of that, made me feel I was expecting too much in return because OTHER CUSTOMERS HAD HAD THEIR ORDERS CANCELLED AND HADNT ASKED TO BE COMPENSATED IN RETURN!
After all these years, I would have thought that Talk Talk had improved their Customer Care, but it turns out they are no better then they were in the beginning. I was an absolute fool to think I could get decent treatment from these people! NEVER AGAIN. ABSOLUTELY DIABOLICAL!
ferguson
Community Star

Sorry to hear about this. I am not clear from what you have said whether you actually went ahead with your TalkTalk order, or not? If not, other than sharing your experience, I am not sure that there is anything the forums can offer by way of support unfortunately.

Lexas57
First Timer
"There was no way I was going to give my money every month to a company who treated customers like this. So, I requested for the new order that was just made over the phone to be cancelled and for my money to be refunded. The agent did nothing to change my mind and quickly put my refund request through the system."
ferguson
Community Star

Fair enough, can't blame you at all.

Michael Donovan
Visitor

I've just made a order by mistake I have sky boardband is talk talk faster. If I phone in the morning will they cancel it for me.