Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TalkTalk continuing to bill me after I've left

Mo1234
Team Player
Message 9 of 9

Hi,

I have been having a really terrible experience for the last year with TalkTalk. I have been a customer with talktalk continuously for the past 15 years. A year ago I moved to a new property and had talktalk connect a line I opted for faster fiber for the first time expecting it to be faster. However, it wasn't even as fast as broadband. I constantly complained for the past year and they weren't able to improve the service. A few months ago I rang and asked for the date of the end of my contract, which was at the beginning of January 2021, as I planned on not renewing. At the end of December I was told that I would have to ring in January again to confirm that I wanted to leave. So I rang again in January only to be told that I would have to pay a further month to end my contract! I complained and then they eventually agreed that this would be an unfair. In spite of this TalkTallk are continuing to bill me and when I phone TT, agents simply hang up the phone after I explain the situation to them. I want TalkTalk to stop billing me and in fact I should be compensated for such terrible service for the past year, not to mention the waste of hours of my time having to deal with such poor customer service.

Please can someone sort the situation out as I would rather not have to deal with this in court.

8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

If you click on "latest posts", @stevegammage, you'll see that the appropriate message board is listed by each message. In this case: billing. 

If you click on that, it'll take you to the billing board.

Or go via the yellow browse button and "help with your Talktalk service" and you'll find "billing" as a category. Then click on start a topic. 

And don't forget to update your profile! Without that, you'll waste the first staff reply, as they will simply have to ask you to do it then, rather than getting on with looking into your case.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 2 of 9
Fair enough..I can't even find the message board to start a new thread anyway! I guess my frustration gets the better of me, as this has been going on for a very long time! I've literally spent hours on the phone.
I will attempt to navigate through this site and repost my comment.
Steve
0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

You should give them the benefit of the doubt, @stevegammage. Otherwise, not sure what your point is in posting anything at all?

These are help threads - but there is no point posting on another customer's old topic.

Staff on here will get to the bottom of it, but you need to start afresh if you are serious about asking for help and getting it sorted.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9
Thanks, but I can't imagine talk talk responding or doing anything helpful to remedy this situation. I've been trying to cancel my contract and get this over billing sorted out since 2nd February 2020. I moved out on 30th April 2020 but have been billed up to 16th October 2020. God knows why they chose 16th as a final date is a bit random too! When emailing them, I got someone else's conversation thread! This is from a "communication" professional company! It's a bit of a joke! Lol
Steve
0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

@stevegammage, this is an old thread, so not currently in the workflow. Staff normally only reply to the original poster, so you really need to start your own thread. 

Please return to the message board and click on start a topic. 

For Talktalk staff to identify the account in question, please add your old Talktalk landline number to your details in your community forum profile. Go via your avatar/name; settings; Profile Wizard. 

Look out for a reply to your new thread later in the week. It can take a few days to get a response. 

0 Likes

stevegammage
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 9

I have had a similar issue with talk talk. 

The broadband speed was almost unusable at times but I persevered with it until the end of the contract.  I noticed that my bill went from £20 to £30 a month yet the service remained the same pitiful speed.  This was apparently because I didn't renew the contract.  I was planning to move in a couple of months so just put up with it. 

I informed talk talk that I was vacating the property and even paid the last bill for the month I left (April 2020).

My monthly bill kept coming and now I've been approached by a debt recovery company to pay £225.39.

I have spent many hours on the phone to customer service and online and got nowhere...just left on hold.

I am refusing to pay this ludicrous fee and am seeking guidance as to what to do next. 

Steve

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 9

Hi Mo1234

Your service ended on the 11th Jan, However the last bill was produced on the 8th and as we charge in advance we would ask you to pay the full bill then you will receive a further bill showing a credit for the overcharges. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

@Mo1234, check through Ts&Cs (linked at the foot of any TT page).

It's difficult to time leaving and avoid paying some sort of charge, as leaving before the end of your fixed term incurs early termination fees; leaving after that, Talktalk requires a 30 day notice period.

The  latter can be avoided if you move to another Openreach serviced provider and keep your number. It always takes several corrective bills to reach a final bill for £0.00, so it's not unusual for this to take a couple of months to sort out.

Talktalk ALWAYS bills a month ahead. It would take to the next month for a further bill to be produced showing any refund. That then needs to be claimed back through My Account, so it's best to leave your Direct Debit details in place till it's sorted out. 

If the bills look like you are simply being charged for an ongoing service, then the cancellation didn't go through. Otherwise, it is normal practice as described above. 

Much is dependent on exactly when you  cancelled and when you normally get regular bills, as the billing cycle can complicate things.

0 Likes