Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TalkTalk did not inform Sky of the switchover

kanasyy
First Timer
Message 15 of 15

I made the switch on the 4th May from Sky to TalkTalk. An engineer actually came over to handle the switchover. However, it seems Sky was not informed of the switch at all and their service is still active at my address and I am still being charged by them this month. This need to be solved.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 2 of 15

I've contacted Sky and they are able to close the account now. Thanks everyone for the helpful suggestions.

Message 3 of 15

Hi @kanasyy 

As others have mentioned your sky billing account has has remained open, the line is with us with a new number, as the named account holder you will need to contact sky and cancel that account, unfortunately we cannot do it for you at this point. 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Message 4 of 15

I don't have a landline handset so can't do this test at the moment. Is there any other way to know? Thanks

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 5 of 15

@kanasyy which number do you get when you dial 17070 ?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 15

It can't, but Sky are clearly not aware that you have switched and thus cancelled, so as far as they are concerned it remains active. 

Message 7 of 15

No, it is the new number from TalkTalk and different to the Sky one. According to my Sky account page their number is still active. That's why it is odd, how can a single line has 2 different numbers at the same time?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Hi kanasyy

is the number in your profile the number you had with sky?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Hi Arne, I've updated my profile to include the information you mentioned. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Hi kanasyy

Thanks for your post

I can look into this but first, can you please update your community profile to include:

Name

Telephone number or account number.

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 11 of 15

The impression I get is that you did not request a switch from Sky to TalkTalk at the point of ordering, or not as you may have thought. This will explain why you have a new number and why Sky are continuing to bill you, as far as they are concerned it seems that you have not cancelled.

If you would like the support team here to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number (the "new" one) and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 12 of 15

If you dial 17070 is the TalkTalk number read back to you ?

It is impossible to have two active services on the same phone line.

The last part of Fibre 65 is over the phone line, fibre terminates at the local street cabinet.

Future Fibre is over a real fibre cable and you would have had a new cable installed and a termination box on your wall as well as a router.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 15

Hello, thanks very much for the respond.

Both services used the same BT socket. TalkTalk did ask my existing landline number before the switch, which I then provided.  Interestingly, when I check both accounts I do see 2 different landline numbers active at the same time. This is odd. My TalkTalk product is Fibre 65, not sure how different it is to FutureFibre.

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 14 of 15

@kanasyy  was your SKY service over the phone line ?

Is your new service from TT also over that line ?

If "yes" to both of the above, did TT port you landline number from SKY ?

It is impossible for two services to be active on the same phone line.

If you have had Future Fibre installed from TT that does not automatically cancel a service over the phone line from a previous ISP unless you have asked TT to port your number, even in that case, you should contact your previous ISP to ensure they will end their service.

0 Likes