Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talktalk won't lower renewal by just £5 for vulnerable on benefits!

sambda
Participant
Message 6 of 6

Almost unbelievable, but Talktalk Retentions have just refused to lower my Fibre 65 renewal by £5 pcm. It's normally £25 so being on vulnerable and benefits, I thought they would have no trouble helping out by lowering this to £20. I pointed out that this was only matching the new BT Essentials £20 offer (equivalent speeds to Fibre 65)... but a flat no.

I'm sure others have been given renewal deals better than this....

Wow.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

ferguson
Community Star
Message 1 of 6

For those who are interested in the background to this have a look here:

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2021/05/bt-calls-on-uk-gov-to-help-subsidise-social-broadband-...

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6
0 Likes

sambda
Participant
Message 3 of 6

Hi,

Wasn't really posting the message expecting to get the decision revised or anything, but just a salutary warning that Talktalk's customer-assistance ethics in these hard times appears to be sadly wanting (IMHO).  (Especially with all the recent row with supposedly "fixed" contracts being hiked.)   Just expected a bit better.

BT here I come.

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 6

The retentions team will always try to give you the best option, if £20 is not available then sadly there is nothing that anyone can do. 

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 5 of 6

£25 is cheap for Fibre 65.

You will get priority assistance as a vulnerable customer, however I cannot agree that you should get a cheaper service than anyone else due either to that vulnerability or the fact you are on benefits.

0 Likes