Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access account as TalkTalk doesn't recognise my email despite it being a talk talk email

richwarner67
Popular Poster
Message 17 of 17

I've received a letter saying I will start being charged for paper bills as my email address is no longer receiving emails from talk talk.  I am an old ukgateway customer and tried to log in to check - the log in account is recognised but not the password.  when I try to change the password, it just gives me an error on password change screen.  spoke to support 2 weeks ago -  first line couldn't fix and no answer yet.  can log into email on the web but can't get into my account to do anything else.  feels slightly Kafka-esque given talk talk is the email provider for my account as well as my ISP...any help gratefully received

Rich Warner
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17
0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

Thanks Arne - all sorted.  Really appreciate your help

Rich Warner

Message 3 of 17

Hi @richwarner67

Can you try again, the issue your are seeing is usually because we have some incorrect details on your account.  I have updated the details to match your community profile. 

It should work now. 

Thank you 

Message 4 of 17

Thanks Arne - have tried that and doesn't recognise account details when I enter them to register.  when I try the forgotten login route, I get the login details for my other account.  we have 2 broadband lines and accounts into the house and so wonder if this is causing the problem.  is it possible to link the accounts in some way or can you help in background - account details in private notes of this profile

Rich Warner
0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Ok thanks, can you try and re-register with your Gmail address, your ukgateway address wont be effected in anyway, once you have registered you can make it the primary address in My Account again. link is here www.talktalk.co.uk/login/

Any problems let me know. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Hi Arne - yes I have a gmail address, details in private notes of this profile.  ukgateway account works as email and active but happy to link my account to gmail instead if you can arrange and let me know temp login

Rich Warner
0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

HI @richwarner67 

Do you have another non TalkTalk email address? 

We may need you to re-register for My Account with a different address. 

richwarner67
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 17

Done - thanks

Rich Warner
0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

You can't just enter any email address and request a sign in link. It has to be the email address that's set as the MyAccount login. 

But if the TalkTalk billing system has got your email address as not available then set up a non-TalkTalk email address. 

Prepare for TalkTalk Support by updating your Community  MY PROFILE

• Select your avatar top right, MY SETTINGS, Personal Information, and include:
  • Your name, current TalkTalk home 'phone number (unless taking a full-fibre non voice service). An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add your email address, full-fibre customer account number and notes etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Done that several times - when I hit submit I get ' sorry something went wrong'.  can access email ok but not the my account services - as I say. this seems to have a problem with my email address.  recognises it as a valid account, but won't send password reset link to it and when I use text code instead, the password update fails hence I assume some sort of issue in the 'my account' system admin

Rich Warner
0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

Thanks but looking into this I can see a fair few people have had a similar issue and it seems to be that there is a back office issue with the account linkage to email that requires talk talk support to fix.  To give an example, when I enter my email for a new password link to be sent, no email ever arrives so I am assuming the email address is suspended or blocked from that side of the admin systems although it is still accessible to me as an email client.  Is there a way to tag talk talk support in this chat to get help?  Thanks

Rich Warner
0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

When entering the password select the show password boxes so you can be sure the password is the same. 

You can't use a weak password, it must comply with the minimum requirements and not have been used for any of the 5 previous password changes.

The email password will be changed to be the same as the MyAccount login password. 

Try again and let us know what the error message is if that persists.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

As I said, thats for email access (which I still have and can log into webmail) - my issue is with my talk talk account log in to view account details, billing etc - that just hangs on the reset.  sends me a code etc to reset, put the new password in twice, submit and then gives an error.  for some reason talk talk doesn't recognise my email address on the account although it knows I have an account with that as the email address - just weird!

Rich Warner
0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Yes, I'm referring to your email. You said that TalkTalk billing wasn't getting to the MyAccount login email address that is a TalkTalk Mail email. 

So, change the email password and the MyAccount login password will be synchronised to the email address password. 

If you can't do that then set up a non-TalkTalk email address for the MyAccount login. 

Let us know when you're back in control. 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 17

unfortunately that's for email - my issue is billing account and resetting password via the reset password route doesn't work.  gets me to the password change screen for forgotten password, reset it, submit and then it gives me an error

Rich Warner
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 16 of 17

Hi richwarner67 

The password change will error if you don't enter the correct current password.

If you have set up password recovery reset details then use the Reset password now button in the help page: 

Changing your email password

0 Likes