Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to log into account

RobRobbins
Popular Poster
Message 16 of 16

Since December the 6th I've been contacting TalkTalk support due to a log issue with my account when trying to log in.

I can access email fine, that lets me log in, but when I want to go to "my account" it tells me "Sorry due to technical issues we can’t log you in right now. Please try again later." I've been trying weekly since 6th December 2021. Never once has it got past this error message (yes I've checked my password, yes I've checked everything, I've requested new passwords, I've followed all verifications and still it will not let me log in)

Talktalk are still taking money from me and I want to change my payment method and the only way I can currently do this is to just put a hold on payments and wait for you to contact me.

I've chatted to 3 support staff, 2 have said that they have filed a report with their IT department, the 3rd said they would get this fixed and get back to me. They didn't.
The customer complaints email doesn't appear to be monitored and due to the latest "bill" I received I feel that talktalk are stealing from me as I have no way of checking which package I am actually on.
Support has not helped in the slightest.

I want to keep my Tiscali email address so would really like this resolved but how can I do that when I can't even log into my account?????

Does anyone have an email address which I can contact as chat is not resolving anything.

Rob Robbins
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi RobRobbins

Unfortunately this is still and ongoing defect being investigated by networks. Sorry. 

In relation to the billing there was a credit raised with the notes " incorrect charge for TalkTalk Mail Plus on December bill. Credit applied for incorrect charge and any paper bill fee"

Apologies again.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 16

@RobRobbins, you don't actually have to be logged in to My Account to access support.

You can reach Chat via the blue button on this link:

http://community.talktalk.co.uk/contactus

Any problems with seeing that link, ensure that pop ups are allowed and ad blockers disabled, or try another browser. 

You can also reach Talktalk directly via the advertised phone number on that page.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

RobRobbins
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 16

Many thanks to Gondola to chatted to me regarding this.

Arne, would it be possible to have an update to this issue.
I'm unable to contact support directly as I have to log in to contact them - which I cannot do due to the errors in my initial message placed in January.

While this is ongoing, could you please contact billing to find out if my money has been refunded for the unauthorised payment that was taken by direct debit.

Rob Robbins
0 Likes

RobRobbins
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 16

Thanks for your email Arne - my information is already in my profile since last requested last month or so.

Kind regards

Rob Robbins
0 Likes

RobRobbins
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 16

Hello again. It's now been appox 4 months and 2 weeks since I first mentioned this problem here and I've been attempting to log in nearly every week to check my account with no luck. I've tried my iphone, ipad, 2 PC's using microsoft edge and firefox with all ad blockers disabled, I've used my work PC, My sisters laptop and my mothers iPad. with no luck (and yes my password is correct)
I've tried the log in via email link which I received and it looked like it was going to work and then up came the usual error:

Sorry due to technical issues we can’t log you in right now. Please try again later.

Is anyone actually looking into this and if so, are they doing anything?
Bring back Lineone/Tiscali, at least they fixed things when I worked for them......

Kind regards

Rob Robbins
0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

Hi RobRobbins

Sorry that this is still ongoing, I will see if I can find an update.

0 Likes

RobRobbins
Popular Poster
Message 7 of 16

Good afternoon Support.

It's now March the 5th.
I've been having this login problem since December the 6th last year. that's 3 months now where I am still unable to log into my Tiscali account.

As you can imagine, I've lost all faith in your company. 3 months...... Imagine if you were unable to use the sim card on your mobile phone for 3 months, you'd be pretty peed off by now. Now I've not been unable to log into my account for 3 months, yes you heard me correctly, 3 months. Did I mention that it was 3 months? oh yes, I did, sorry about that.

How would you like to compensate me for this complete lack of service? a years free subscription perhaps?, 3 months discount? the ability to give your IT department a good ole kick while shouting "get a move on you imbeciles", or just get it fixed and shut me up?

Please could you follow this up and try to get something done.

Many thanks

3 months Rob.

Rob Robbins
0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

Unfortunately this is still being worked on, we can only apologize that its taking so long. 

0 Likes

RobRobbins
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 16

Update - 22/2/2022 - still unable to log into My Account.

Rob Robbins

Message 10 of 16

Hi RobRobbins

Unfortunately there is no update on this issue, which is causing the same problem for a lot of others also. 

Im really sorry , when we get an update we will let you know. 

0 Likes

RobRobbins
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 16

Hi Again.
Been two months from first contacting support about not being able to log into my account. I still can't log into it on 2 different PC's, an ipad, an iphone, my work pc.
Could you please give me an update as to when this will be fixed, or whether it will ever be fixed. 8 weeks is a pretty long time for an IT department to fix something..... especially for someone who has been with you since lineone, tiscali, talktalk. and has worked for you for for 2 years while tiscali swapped to talktalk in the blackfriars offices....... the good ole days......sigh

Rob Robbins

Message 12 of 16

We don't yet know whats causing the problem.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

RobRobbins
Popular Poster
Message 13 of 16

Will check again next week.

Thanks for replying.

Would love to know what the incident was? IT spilt coffee over keyboard?

Rob Robbins
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 14 of 16

Hi RobRobbins, unfortunately this issue is part of an incident and we don't have an estimate for when it will be fixed.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 15 of 16

There have been ongoing issues with My Account which are overdue being fixed, @RobRobbins.

If you have made sure that you have allowed pop ups and removed ad blockers, and  tried other browsers, that would be the reason. 

Chat and phone support should have had no problem telling you what package you are on, but they are not in a position to sort a wider issue with My Account. They should have been aware of ongoing problems though!

Moving this to the billing section of the forum. 

Please complete your community forum profile details for TT staff to identify your account. Add your Talktalk landline number by going via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard. 

Staff will reply during the week. Any emails you receive from the website will be NO Reply only. There's no email address for us to give out for this.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.