Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login to "My Account"

pjm999
Team Player
Message 14 of 14

I have been unable to log-in to "My Account" for a few weeks now. When attempting to log-in the process says preparing account details then declares I cannot be logged in due to a technical issue. I am a plusmail user and have now had two online chats with customer support (31/12/21 & 6/1/22). Both agents have said they will ascalate the issue but nothing had changed. Grateful for some help.

Peter
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Ha Ha.

Peter
0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

You're welcome pjm999, I'm sorry the news wasn't better.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

I8this
Philosopher
Message 3 of 14

@pjm999  TT did say there would be a fix in January, but did not say January of which year.

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile. The Forum Guidelines apply to ALL members there are/should be, NO exceptions. If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all. Now a wizard.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Thanks Ady.

Peter

Message 5 of 14

Hi pjm999, just to clarify there's no expected fix date for this issue. There was and it passed without a fix at the end of November. We've been struggling to get any information about a likely fix date.

If anything in terms of estimated repair dates is provided we'll post to let you know. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 6 of 14

Again, many thanks. Useful to know. I will check every so often.

Peter

Message 7 of 14

Hi Peter

I'm keeping track of email and related issues, workarounds and fixes on a  Current issues pinned post in the email forum. You'll find this issue is noted there and I'll update when a successful fix is rolled out.

The TalkTalk Consumer website is the official TalkTalk  Service Status (Email) page that informs of major service impacting incidents and planned maintenance. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

Message 8 of 14

OK, thanks.

Peter
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 9 of 14

Not for this sort of issue,  @pjm999.

Some shorter term notices are posted on the Service Status Dashboard (see "help with your service ").

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 10 of 14

Thanks for the update. Is there a site somewhere where these issues and progress of fixes are posted?

Peter
0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Hi Peter

The fix is being prepared and is due soon when testing and rollout are approved.  There's no schedule at present. 

Just in case TalkTalk Support need it, put your MyAccount customer number and login email address in your Community profile Private notes and select Save. 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 14

Many thanks for your speedy reply.  There are not immediate actions I need to take, thankyou. One of the customer agents explained the erroneous email I got about billing. Do you have any idea about timescales for the fix

Peter
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 13 of 14

Hello again pjm999 

It's an acknowledged issue that some TalkTalk MailPlus subscription customers cannot sign in to their customer MyAccount to manage their mailboxes as there's a red banner message "Sorry due to technical issues we can’t log you in right now...

There is no ability to create a mailbox, update password or delete via MyAccount.

The workaround to update the password is via the Forgot my password link on the TalkTalk Mail sign in.
The workaround to deletion is to contact Customer Services and request deletion by the Data Protection team.
The workaround to make a payment missed by a Direct Debit is to contact Customer Services Billing team.

Whilst waiting for the fix to be applied, let us know if there's anything you need to do via your MyAccount? For example, are there any additional active mailboxes that you need to add to MyAccount? This can be done for you so just say.